OG Gun nuts... Make your case.

So I've decided to pick up one last milsurp rifle before I bow out of the game... I'm down to either a Finnish M39 or a Swiss K31, but I can't settle on which one I want. Both are lauded for their accuracy.

I already have one of each, and in fact I also have a Swiss G1911 and a K11. But I also have a standard Russian 91/30, but that's really a different rifle than the M39 and really not comparable. 

So make your case and help me decide, another K31 or another M39?

Do you just want a better quality one than you already have?

Why not go with something else if the ones you have shoot well?

More I just want a second one as a collector or in case I shoot the other out... Both the K31 and the M39 I currently have are in great shape, especially the K31.

As for why I don't get something else, I already have at least one example of every milsurp I wanted, including a couple faux-sniper configurations. I have several Lee Enfield's (my personal favorite) and I just want a second example of one of these two as they both run a close second to the Lee Enfield for me.

Depends what your looking for. K31 is historically more accurate and the M39 is more of a battle tested rifle. Beyond that it's preference. K31 is a striaght pull, M39 isn't. M39's trigger is a true 2 stage, 5 round clip vs 6 round. 

The only downside to the m39 I have heard is they're more problems with feeding. I don't own either and rifles aren't really my thing yet. However I would still go with the K31 if it were me. It sounds like less problems overall. The problems that exist aren't at all deal breakers and don't make a bit of difference if they are showcased. 

David@accu - 

Depends what your looking for. K31 is historically more accurate and the M39 is more of a battle tested rifle. Beyond that it's preference. K31 is a striaght pull, M39 isn't. M39's trigger is a true 2 stage, 5 round clip vs 6 round. 

The only downside to the m39 I have heard is they're more problems with feeding. I don't own either and rifles aren't really my thing yet. However I would still go with the K31 if it were me. It sounds like less problems overall. The problems that exist aren't at all deal breakers and don't make a bit of difference if they are showcased. 

Both rifles are lauded for their accuracy, and I think it's a wash between these two with their respective cartridges they were built around.

I can't do it, but I have a friend who can take his M39 with D166 reloads (iron sights) out to 1000 yds with the same accuracy as his K31/42 (sniper variant with a 1.8x scope) using GP11.

You shouldn't have feeding issues with the M39 as the Finns reworked and cleaned up the magazine feeding. I've personally never seen it. The biggest issue with M39 rifles is getting your hands on the correct front sight height. Internal parts are compatible with Russian Mosin-Nagants and are readily available. Even replacement barrels are available through custom barrel makers. By comparison, Swiss parts and barrels are much harder to come by. I'm actually gonna have my Brother-in-law, who is getting posted in Germany next, try and source some replacements out of Switzerland while he's there.

Interested