OG motorcycle riders: best hot weather armored jacket?

Long time no see OG brethren. For you folks on two wheels out there with it getting hotter out, just wondering what you all are wearing in terms of long sleeved protective gear?

This dropped into my feed and was wondering how good these are compared to my Alpine Stars Tmissile jacket?

3 Likes

Post a food thread, please.

3 Likes

Gray mesh jacket. I have a flannel covert too which is decent but it doesn’t have the same air flow as mesh.

3 Likes

Proven product. What are you riding now days?

1 Like

Just picked up an Indian scout 60 in storm blue out a two up seat and rider pegs on it. Not planning to do much more to it kinda really love it the way it is now but maybe switch out the headlight for led?

2 Likes

The tmissile is a pretty dang good jacket but once it’s in the mid eighties i want something lighter

1 Like

Sounds like you need to go faster … hehe
I switched out the headlights on two bikes this year to hid LED? For the $50 each it was a big change.

1 Like

Something textile with vents. Just got my permit and my dad is giving me a Fat Boy just in time for riding season.

2 Likes

I tend to just wear real gear and open all the vents.
Have you ever considered the sleeve breathers?

Used a set in Ecuador and it helped a lot.

Anyone ever tried the cooling vests?

2 Likes

Never used those, but the ones with a polymer stitched that you soak in water then wear work really well. Essentially a swamp cooler vest No armor though

2 Likes

Haven’t tried any of those…. Not sure I want to try a swamp cooler jacket either. And moving the tmissile is fine… stopped in heat… not really

1 Like
1 Like

I have the Sedici Alexi 2 Mesh set. Comfortable, has pads all over (buy some hip pads though). Removable layers, zippered vents, not to expensive. Ride at 80 degrees and pretty decent as long as you 40mph+. Dropped heavy bike at around 40mph and held well (in fact, still using it).

1 Like

I saw royalty today. Signed by Miguel Duhamel

3 Likes

i wear an armored Scopion Abrams Riding Shirt most of the time. and Im fine baking in pau hana traffic on H1…is cali any worse?

3 Likes

4 Likes

Last year was the first time I ever bought a riding jacket. Well besides a bikie leather jacket.

Was riding a Electric and freezing my ass off. It had a liner and skid plates, another thing I have never worn before.
35 years riding and never really got past a bikie jacket for most of it. Living in the tropics where there is high death rate for bikes I went with boots, jeans, t-shirt (mostly) and gloves. Always a helmet.

Happy Days Thumbs Up GIF

marlon brando laslo benedek GIF by Maudit

GOAT. Way better than the Erion and Repsol shit. I remember hanging out at the Honda dealership creaming in my pants.

3 Likes

I literally almost came to tears. Not for sale though. I’ve had a couple slip through my fringers over they years.

I see guys here in jeans, t-shirts, and flip flops all the time and just think of the pics I’ve seen of the flesh peeled off of guys from relatively minor spills.

Also remember to wear legit boots. Look up accident for guys wearing regular shoes, feet degloved and mutilated.

Le Shat

3 Likes