OG motorcycle riders: best hot weather armored jacket?

A long time ago, I was driving in a convoy on a Texas highway doing about 55-60mph max, and somebody on a bike flew past us that must’ve been doing around 80-90 or more.

Fast forward some miles and we passed where he wrecked and it looked like red apple sauce all over the road.

2 Likes

@KidQuick and others who used to or still do ride in warmer places.

I wear leather jackets in 100 degree temps. I try to buy something white with perforated leather…

Right now I have an Alpinestars jacket.

2 Likes

Harry Styles Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

Mesh can’t be beat for ventilation. I’m the dummy who wears a Icon Motorhead and then melts if a stoplight takes more than 10 seconds to change. lol

3 Likes

You guys melting from engine heat or environmental heat?

1 Like

Depends on the day. Some days I’m on an air cooled V twin that roasts your balls as soon as you stop moving, some days it’s 100 degrees with high humidity.

1 Like

One of these ftw

4 Likes

The other day when driving up in riverside county it got into the mid 90s and even though the engine heat is minimal, even a little going up into that tmissile jacket was brutal… looking at a 100 mesh outer. Crap some brand just showed up in my ig feed and I lost it but it looked like what I was looking for.

1 Like

I put some rider pegs and a two up seat for the garbage lady who asked for a ride the other day….

2 Likes

looks awesome
have you put your bike in the motorcycle thread?
it’s purdy …

1 Like

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE MOKE!

2 Likes

I have not. I’ll go look

I really like icon gear. It’s an American company and all their stuff is good. There’s also a hidden pocket in every item that has a St Christopher charm in it. While I’m not overly religious, I really appreciate that sentiment from a modern company.

I think the hooligan is their go to summer jacket, but any of their mesh gear will be fine in the summer. They also use exclusively D30 armor which is soft and pliable until it’s impacted, which makes it comfortable to wear . HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

3 Likes

good question. Need something ultra vented. it gets hot here. some summers, it is 40 plus days of 100 plus.

1 Like

both. mucho heat in Texas. also my big ass KTM 1290 throws huge heat off. They have a factory insulation layer in seat. does not do dick. I dont stop at red lights because of this. creep up and go. lol.

3 Likes

Damn John, the KTM 1290 is a hell of a ride.

1 Like

I have fantasy of 1290 Adventure…but im old and that would be too much bike for me nowadays.

2 Likes

I’ll go ahead and picture John doing this.

2 Likes
3 Likes