OG Opinion - To Date or Not to Date? (NO PICS)

Was gonna write a FRAT, said fuck it. 

In short, broke up and moved on from previous relationship about 2 - 3 months ago, finally moving everything out last week. Met a smokeshow, she treats me amazing makes me feel like a million bucks and is super chill, great to chat with, educated, etc etc. BUT has kids, co parents with father to a healthy degree.  I have no experience dating single mothers, let alone one that coparents.

She's had a bf and dated since the father (who she was married to about 3 years ago), been single for a while now..any advice, or anything?  I want to keep seeing her for at least a while, but am not sure how to handle these extra things.

Well from what I remember about your last one, she sucked. 

How long was she married? How old are her multiple children? Same father? What does he do? What was the reason she gave you for the divorce and her relationship with the rebound guy? 

If a woman is a catch there is an uncomfortable reason why she isn't with those other guys. 

Are you her "type" How are you different than the other guys?

2 Likes

DaveFu -

How long was she married? How old are her multiple children? Same father? What does he do? What was the reason she gave you for the divorce and her relationship with the rebound guy? 

If a woman is a catch there is an uncomfortable reason why she isn't with those other guys. 

Got dayum Dave!  You didnt even get a response before you lit his ass up.

Just saying "NO PICS" does not invalidate the rules

2 Likes

I can give you some fantastic advice that will solve all of your problems, OP, but first I will need to see some pics.

1 Like

GhettoDestro - 
DaveFu -

Got dayum Dave!  You didnt even get a response before you lit his ass up.

He's not posting pics. He's getting it. 

Kip Kinkle -

I can give you some fantastic advice that will solve all of your problems, OP, but first I will need to see some pics.

I too know the exact answer, I will not answer your question without pictures 

DaveFu -

Most valuable member on this forum. 

Dave could make a killing giving relationship advice via zoom. 

DaveFu -

Expand on the different type thing please. I was that guy and it ended very badly. 

I don’t mean to hijack but I’d appreciate the wisdom. 

Dave bringing seriously good points.

What sticks out to me most is why isn't she with the other multiple daddies. She is the common factor.

I too am studying a single mom in a very similar situation. There are red flags but my lust for crazy sex with her is tempting me to look past

Most men do not develop the ability to keep short-term partners short or even worse don't bother to judge who has the realistic potential to be a long term healthy partner. If you suck at that, you can put pressure on yourself when you hook up with hookers, ugly women, old women, obvious trainwreck women, and or fat women.  It makes that tough action of cutting it off easier if you never want her being the one you show off to your boss to get a promotion etc.

Your standards have to be much higher if you want a long term relationship because she will inevitably have more influence on your personal life. You need to know her family goals, health issues, financial situation, and relationships away from you. You don't want to find out that she lied about being infertile, doesn't really want kids, has 5-6 figure debt, a criminal record, a mental/terminal illness, a child she doesn't have custody of, after you're married and you have no rights. 

If you don't REALLY know your own goals, you shouldn't have LTRs period. Even after you do, you shouldn't put up with a woman who tries to keep you from them, your friends, or your family. 

If she's really a smokeshow, then the reason you have any chance with her is because she has kids and all the drama that comes with them.

So either be grateful she's fallen into the discount bin of life where you can scoop her up and stop asking questions, or make the exchange for a non-smokeshow who doesn't have all that going on.

Is this the guy that didn't listen to the OG before?

nofx - 

That doesn't really narrow it down.

That's like saying he's the guy who slept with Madonna. 

1 Like

DaveFu -
nofx - 

Hahah, true.

DaveFu -
nofx - 

You rang?

1 Like

Zedneck - 
DaveFu -

Expand on the different type thing please. I was that guy and it ended very badly. 

I don’t mean to hijack but I’d appreciate the wisdom. 

It's a very complicated topic. I'm trying to come up with a short answer/analogy. 

The short answer is that your character and personality do not make a first impression. We judge our initial attractions based on rather superficial things. If someone has been attracted to rock musicians her whole life and dated them near exclusively, and you're a CPA who doesn't have more piercings and tattoos than birthdays, you're not checking those boxes she has demonstrated that she wants and maybe NEEDS checked. Those preferences don't change even if our access to them changes. 

The different guy is a novelty as demonstrated by her behavior or even worse, is just seen as the "safe" provider that can be bailed on "if" things don't work out. 

Black Dougie -

Just saying "NO PICS" does not invalidate the rules

If it’s in the thread title you can choose to not open the thread 

or immediately know if you do open you can vote down the OP into Bolivia