OG, suggest an AK for me

I've got a few AR type rifles and proprietary things like Sig 55x rifles. I've been looking at adding an AK to my armory recently. I used to own several WASRs, but they were garbage. Inaccurate and useless beyond 50 yards.

I'd like to spend less than a $1,000 and get something reasonably accurate and that I can fix a decent red dot sight to. 7.62 x 39 or 5.45 doesn't really matter to me. I know there's some AK experts here on the OG, so let me know hat you guys think.

When I was looking for one, most of the recommendations were a few of the Arsenal versions, Polytechs, older MAK90s, and a smattering of others thrown in. I took a different route and got a VZ2008 instead for my 7.62x39 longings. It has been a great rifle so far.

The US made Century C39V2 is getting great reviews for well within your 1000 budget.

I hear the Romanian ones are of very high quality and the ones to get.  I used to have a WASR and checked out a Romanian AK it it felt much better.  Good luck.

Was wondering the exact same thing OP Phone Post 3.0

I have an O-PAP M70. Its a little heavier than your average AK but its built well and its accurate. Its also pretty inexpensive, I got mine for about 600 shipped. The only other AK I have shot is WASR and I would take the O-PAP over the WASR easy.

Thanks for suggestions. anyone know if these come with threaded barrels? eventually I would like to put a silencer on it.

Testiculos Ferro - Thanks for suggestions. anyone know if these come with threaded barrels? eventually I would like to put a silencer on it.
SUPPRESSOR!!!!!!! Phone Post 3.0

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ras-ak47-rifle-magpul-moe-ri2362-n-2753-detail.html?Itemid=0

reading through reviews and considering this one ^

any OG opinions?

Saiga Phone Post 3.0

Try a 47. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ddi-ak47-rifle-wood-stock-detail.html?Itemid=0

DDI AK47 RIFLE WOOD STOCK MODEL

$789.95

I suggest the 47. Phone Post 3.0

love them things

Get an Arsenal or don't get one... There are certainly other decent AK'S out there but Arsenal has a well earned reputation for quality that no other AK maker or importer can match.

Regardless, order it thru Atlantic Firearms. If somehow you get a lemon, they'll make it right. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks bros. Gradual VU's for all.

The "mutant"