OG, TME about gaining lean mass.

OG, for the last few years since leaving the military my weight has fluctuated up and down quite a bit. I'm really good at losing it, but I'm also really good at gaining it back, haha.

I'm not in terrible shape, muscle-wise, but I never really put a real effort into putting on more bulk. I'm losing weight right now, and am sick of gaining it back so easily. So, in an effort to remain healthy long term, I've decided to really apply myself to gaining more muscle, but I haven't really got the slightest clue where to begin other than the anecdotal things like, "drink a protein smoothie after your workout."

I'll be at my goal soon of about 190, and stand 6'2. Teach me how to put on my muscles, OG. Can I take some muscle from my 13" hog and have it placed surgically on my biceps? Can I snort the oatmeal in the morning? Phone Post 3.0

Eet moar seamens Phone Post 3.0

See my other thread: Seeking OG Semen Samples. Phone Post 3.0

The answer is knowledge, it's not as simple as eat more and train hard. Google Charles Poliquin and Strenght Sensei, read everything you can. Read again. With knowledge, you'll leave most juicers in the dust. Phone Post 3.0

Appreciated, man! Will check those out! Phone Post 3.0

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1475143389?cache=0cc468fbc85ceb848bb96abd39dbba6d&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1414132076&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Bigger Leaner Stronger.

Nutrition, Science, Technique, Debunks myths, and all for a few $.

Kindle version's cheaper. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

Mihow - check your BMR, eat 300,500,1000,1500 calories more than that daily
eat more meat
lift like you have a penis

come back in 6 months and ask someone smarter for advanced techniques
Id stick around the 200-300 mark max. 500 surplus a day will equal about a pound gained a week which is far too much for a long sustained bulk. 1500 is just ridiculous. Your first bulk should be 1-2 years. Get myfitnesspal and start tracking calories. Weigh yourself everyday and at the end of the week get your average weight, make adjustments as needed.

Get on a beginner program like 5x5. Steer clear of bro splits and bro science. You dont need to eat every 2-3 hours, you dont need pwo shake with carbs, you dont need any supplements. Dont take any advice from magazines as they are usually selling something.

Bodybuilding.com forum should become your best friend.

Hope this helps Phone Post 3.0

Testosterone nation is another good website. They post new articles on their fb everyday. I recently read an article that said only stick to about 300-500 calories of surplus and should never get above ten percent body fat while bulking. Phone Post 3.0

Senz0 Tanaka - www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1475143389?cache=0cc468fbc85ceb848bb96abd39dbba6d&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1414132076&sr=8-1#ref=mp_s_a_1_1

Bigger Leaner Stronger.

Nutrition, Science, Technique, Debunks myths, and all for a few $.

Kindle version's cheaper. Phone Post 3.0

Interdasting

Incomplete Tent Person - Testosterone nation is another good website. They post new articles on their fb everyday. I recently read an article that said only stick to about 300-500 calories of surplus and should never get above ten percent body fat while bulking. Phone Post 3.0
Yep, another good place to learn. Phone Post 3.0

Some good weight programs to google, which all can be tuned to adding muscle mass:

Starting Strength
Wendler 5/3/1
Stonglifts

There's a metric ton of knowledge out there regarding your inquiry. The hardest thing you'll experience initially is what is worth paying attention to, and what you should ignore.

I suggest going with one of the above programs till you have a grasp of the basics of lifting and eating.

Gallon of milk every day in addition to what you eat

Squat 3x5, Bench 3x5, Overhead Press 3x5, Deadlift 3x5, Dip 3xmax, Pullups 3x max. Do this 3 times a week.

Sleep 8 hours

No cardio

Wow, thanks a ton to everyone! I'm going to try to fine-tune a good plan and get started within the next couple weeks. Phone Post 3.0

Bobby Lupo -

Squat 3x5, Bench 3x5, Overhead Press 3x5, Deadlift 3x5, Dip 3xmax, Pullups 3x max. Do this 3 times a week.

Sleep 8 hours

No cardio

He said lean bro

Like your style though Phone Post 3.0

^^^ Hahaha, I was wondering about the gallon of milk.

Do you guys maybe have any general diet tips? Like go-to foods? Phone Post 3.0

Keep it simple bro. Oats/cereal with eggs for breakfast, chicken, burgers, rice, steak, potatos, fruit, chocolate milk, peanut butter, chocolate, poptarts. Dont be afraid of a little fast food either. Chipolte is a bodybuilders dream. Phone Post 3.0

Firemansam - 
Bobby Lupo -

Sleep 8 hours

No cardio

He said lean bro

Like your style though Phone Post 3.0

Huge and pregnant looking until March doesn't work for everybody.

OP, have you ever tried EDT training? The only time in my life after HS wrestling that I was able to put on muscle without gaining fat. It's a brutal 2 or 3 month program. 

For diet, try to keep things simple. Only eat real food: fruit, veg, meat, fish, eggs, nuts, some carbs like (oats, quinoa, brown rice, bulgar, spelt, farro).

A protein shake after you lift is never a bad idea. 

Consistency is the most important thing. If you kill it in the gym for a week, then take 3 off and go on a beer and chocolate binge, you won't see results. 

Lift 3 days a week. Eat clean. Sleep a lot. 

Dont afraid of animal fats either. Fatty cuts not only taste better but are loaded with calories.

Also yolks or gtfo Phone Post 3.0

Firemansam - Dont afraid of animal fats either. Fatty cuts not only taste better but are loaded with calories.

Also yolks or gtfo Phone Post 3.0

Egg whites and boring chicken breasts are for girls. 

Whole egg and thighs