OG Vitamin Gurus

I need to restock on all my vitamin supplements. Ive had a hodge podge of GNC, Vitamin Store & Walmart brands. Now that my stocks have been depleted, I want to start over with a whole new stock of a quality supply. I have no idea as to the quality of vitamins available but I recently read an article about rice fillers and preservative and how very small traits of the actual vitamin/supplement was traceable. What say you OG? Who has the best vitamins and why?

Opti-Men by Optimum Nutrition. Company with a great track record, the product has won some awards, and the ingredient list is solid.

Check it out and decide for yourself.

Juice Plus

Mencken -

Juice Plus

Second that. My fiancee is a distributor great product. Also krill oil and a zma. That's all I need. Perhaps some ginseng Phone Post 3.0

Juice Plus is a brand?

Drink your first piss of the day everyday.

ouchthathurts - Juice Plus is a brand?

Yes, it's a pyramid marketing company, but don't let that scare you off.  Very good quality product

Sub Phone Post 3.0

cool thanks

i'm pretty impressed with the cytosport monster multi. Nice packets, great list of ingredient and only one container.

i like natural calm magnesium too, sleep like a babby, except you can get the shits easy.

Genesis pure, no artificial sweeteners for the win. There are very few companies that do not use them, I think that Genesis pure has the most common sense approach to health, which is cleanse, balance, build. Which in a nutshell is saying give yourself a tune up before you add the performance parts. The cleanse and the liquid multi are the best I have ever taken. after cleansing I went out to dinner with my wife and had a "happy buzz after a half of a beer with food in my stomach. Juice plus is also a good company, but the formulations are not as extensive. I could care less how it is marketed, if it is good, it is good, and since 95% of the crap at walmart and gnc is garbage anyways, that hardly qualifies as better in my opinion. Some people just have a hard on for the "pyramid scheme" idea and that is a turn off. for me the only thing that will turn me on or off to a supplement is what is on the label. Shit man I have lost 12 lbs without even trying, save cleansing using the daily build, and adding in the green coffee bean.

This is a commercial that someone cut for genesis pure independantly. did pretty good I think.

SUPPLEMENTS: Rule #1, if they contain artificial sweeteners
Sucralose
Aspartame
Neotame
acesulfame potassium
acesulfame K
That company has zero interest in actually improving your health. Sure you might get a good tasting energy drink or protein shake out of it, and it may yield some results, but those results will come at a price. Might as well just take steroids at that point they get results as well and much faster. Why poison yourself with "nutritional supplements". It makes zero sense, have fun slowing killing yourself in the name of progress, your liver will "thank you" later for it. There is only one sweetener on the market that is zero calorie and actually has health benefits associated with it, and that is
Stevia
End of story. All the other sweeteners that while better for your health then the artificial ones are like opting to take 2 steps forward and one step back, especially if you want to lose weight. If it is not stevia(Rebaudioside A, Reb A,ECT...) it is a waste of your time and money.

You want to make sure the minerals are chelated.

Make sure it's iron free.

If you're taking less than 6-7 capsules a day you are more than likely not getting enough magnesium and calcium, as those take up 4-5 capsules alone fulfilling RDA amounts.

The RDA is the standard to prevent the spread of disease; if you're a hard training athlete(as all OGers are) you should probably get about 200% of the RDA. Some nutritionists and companies are using ODA - optimum daily allowance as a new standard. Here is a good list showing the difference in %s:
http://drrodgermurphree.com/2011/06/recommended-daily-allowance-vs-optimal-daily-allowance/

Take at least 5,000iu of vitamin D. I get sun and take 10,000iu a day of vitamin D: i still came up a bit below the higher/optimum levels in my blood work.

Take 2 grams or more of vitamin C - ideally with a high amount of citrus bioflavonoids(I like Solgar brand). And add CoQ10 to the mix.

Other than the vitamin C, D(cheap) and CoQ10(pricey but worth it IMHO), I found "Premium Insurance Caps" from Hammer Nutrition to be the most complete and reasonably priced. $27.50 for a months supply and you're good to go. I would ignore most every other supplement on their site, as there are better bangs for your buck out there. I might actually go through a month and a half supply a month(10 caps a day) when training harder...

You could add a C,D and CoQ10 supplement to the mix, and even some added magnesium and stay under $50 a month.

Natural calm is great, but might be a bit pricey - around $30 for a months supply. Solgar has huge jars of chelated magnesium for that price that last about twice as long, but if you dont mind the $$$ natural calm at night works well.

I've bounced back and forth between Animal Pak, Opti-Men, and Armor V.

I'm about to buy some more to replenish today.

Any reason I shouldn't go with Universal's Animal Pak?

I'll check out the monster multi.

Thage - I've bounced back and forth between Animal Pak, Opti-Men, and Armor V.

I'm about to buy some more to replenish today.

Any reason I shouldn't go with Universal's Animal Pak?

I'll check out the monster multi.

The only thing I can say is go ingredient by ingredient and see if they are just putting window dressing amounts or enough to actually do you any good. but it looks ok for the price, the question is can you tell when you stop taking it. if not then either you need to cleanse, or you were never getting much out of it because it is made cheaply and it doesn't break down in your system. Based off of the label it looks ok though. I think that Garden of life or Genesis Pures multi are jam packed with way more stuff so in the aggregate you are getting a better bang for your buck.

Yeah, I'll stick with Animal Pak for another run.

ouchthathurts - I need to restock on all my vitamin supplements. Ive had a hodge podge of GNC, Vitamin Store & Walmart brands. Now that my stocks have been depleted, I want to start over with a whole new stock of a quality supply. I have no idea as to the quality of vitamins available but I recently read an article about rice fillers and preservative and how very small traits of the actual vitamin/supplement was traceable. What say you OG? Who has the best vitamins and why?

Here you go, friend. Available online, or at Whole Foods:

as always, rememeber that a healthy diet is the tiles.

vitamins are the grout.

Mihow - 
kylethasnizake - SUPPLEMENTS: Rule #1, if they contain artificial sweeteners
Sucralose
Aspartame
Neotame
acesulfame potassium
acesulfame K
That company has zero interest in actually improving your health. Sure you might get a good tasting energy drink or protein shake out of it, and it may yield some results, but those results will come at a price. Might as well just take steroids at that point they get results as well and much faster. Why poison yourself with "nutritional supplements". It makes zero sense, have fun slowing killing yourself in the name of progress, your liver will "thank you" later for it. There is only one sweetener on the market that is zero calorie and actually has health benefits associated with it, and that is
Stevia
End of story. All the other sweeteners that while better for your health then the artificial ones are like opting to take 2 steps forward and one step back, especially if you want to lose weight. If it is not stevia(Rebaudioside A, Reb A,ECT...) it is a waste of your time and money.
Stupidest post in any of these threads

I was gonna have some coffee but the amount of BS you spew in these threads always jolts me awake Phone Post 3.0

well I am glad I can be of service retard. go ahead poison you liver idiot.