OG Water Fast Challenge - The Not Breakfast Club

No guilt, little’ns only 17 months so oblivious really, missus just didn’t think it was safe.

Plus our life revolves around the baby so dinner time is precious semi-chill time.

Fast is DONE and COMPLETED.

Lost a total of of 14 lbs from 176.6

Need to eat this weekend but will transition to IF next week. Want to finish at 161.

Thx for the support guys!

12 Likes

Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what’s with the obscure # 161 ? What’s wrong with 160 ?

1 Like

I’m expecting to gain 2 lbs of water after I start eating.

163 was the weight I always was the most comfortable at.

2 Likes

Big congratulations and thanks for not only participating but taking care of the group while we each did our fasts!

5 Likes

This isn’t over. Some of us are just waiting for the right time.

5 Likes

Thx. It was revelatory for me too.

I’m going to push forward with this on my patients.

Almost miraculous

5 Likes

I wonder if you’ll get any new food cravings. My refeed was almost as revelatory as the fast. I feel like my tastebuds are more alive now than before but it could just be perception.

I actually just want an apple too!

But I’m breaking my fast bcs I’m giving a conference with big shots who are invited to lunch afterwards.

Can’t escape it!

3 Likes

Confused Emma Stone GIF by SAG Awards

• bedbug
2 Likes

Have you maintained your weight so far?
How often are you eating now?
Once a day?

N0 doubt.

SATURDAY JUNE 12

The Fasting Thread

Leaderboard:

12 days (A)- @rIKmAN

@Stache - 12 days (I) 14.0 pounds / 8.2% of bodyweight

@mataleo1 - 9 days (I) 9.6 pounds / 5.4% of bodyweight

@rhino_x2 - 7 days (I)

@mataleo1 - 7 days (I) 5.5 pounds / 3.3% of bodyweight

6 days (A) - @alewaboy52

@Peruvian_Necktiez - 6 days (I) 8.0 pounds / 5.0% of bodyweight

A: Active
I: Inactive

GENERAL RULES FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO JOIN - by @mataleo1 :

-Before fasting: try cutting carbs to a minimum 48h before fasting, it’ll make fasting easier.
-Here what is allowed: water, tea, coffee.
-No need for supplements or vitamins or anything the first 2 weeks. If you sweat a lot, you can use a small cup of broth every day.
-The first 3 days are the WORST. Be prepared. But if you can make through this, it’s really easy afterwards. Neither Stache nor I have had problems with hunger or cravings after day 3.
-Do not exercise the first 3 days, as your body is transitioning from sugar to fat as energy source.

UPDATE

In the interest of providing guidelines here, and to make this simple and generalizable for everyone, here goes. I’m also going to take a more conservative approach than previously because it’s summertime and some will sweat and exercise, and I’d rather suggest taking more than less. I looked everything up and confirmed with the Jason Fung book. I personally fasted for 9 days with a little milk and no added sodium.

Do not do it if you’re pregnant or a diabetic on insulin.

Fast = MAX 14 days. You could do it longer but you would need extra coaching and additional info.

1st week: no food, just water (2-3 L per day). Coffee and tea are allowed.

IF: you exercise, work outside, take blood pressure pills, add 1gm of sodium per day

2nd week: no food, water (2-3 L per day). Coffee and tea are allowed. Preferably, especially if you exercise, you also need: sodium (1-2g per day), potassium (1-2g per day), magnesium (2-300mg per day). Salted homemade bone broth will do the trick (use sea salt). Or Oxo with K / Mg supplements.

Again, this is likely overkill for a 14 day fast, but it won’t interrupt the fast or the fat burning and will make it more palatable.

Simply put:
-It works: you’ll lose 4-6 lbs per week (more the first week because of excess water losses)
-It’s remarkably easy after the 3rd day
-It’s cheap (obviously)

Those who embark, it would be awesome if you could post:
-Daily weight
-Blood pressure (if you have high BP)
-Weight circumference
-Symptoms

2 Likes

@mataleo1: What were your start and finish weights for the second fast?

NEED UPDATES:

@rIKmAN
@rhino_x2

1 Like

168 start
162.5 finish in 7 days

1 Like

I’m back to doing 16-8 IF and usually eat two meals per day with some liberal servings of fruit (not ideal but fuck it lol).

I’m now 160, up 4 lbs from my fasted low but still look just as lean so I’m good with it. I still have a bit of belly fat to lose but shouldn’t have any trouble now that running season is here. It’s my best starting point ever.

This time last year I was 185 lbs and by November I was down to 165 so I’m thrilled as long as I can stay injury free.

4 Likes

Updated.

2 Likes