(OG100K) JavaScript for Absolute Beginners

For the guys working on ASP.NET MVC and have visited the http://www.asp.net site, this is another good, free one on JavaScript. It even gets into using jQuery to make ajax calls. Definitely all stuff we need to cover.

Take a look, see what you think, as always email ogdeveloper@gmail.com if you have any questions or just want to BS about code/programming/career stuff.

Thanks!

Here's the link:

http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/javascript-fundamentals-for-absolute-beginners

Great!

I'm currently taking a uni course on web dev, and we are about to go into Javascript. I am also doing the JS course on codeacademy. For anyone new to JS I can recommend "Javascript & JQuery - the missing manual" (O'Reilly books), it really is great for beginners. I also have "JavaScript - a beginner's guide" (John Pollock) and "Beginning JavaScript with DOM Scripting and Ajax" (Christian Heilmann), but neither of those is as good as the missing manual.

theseanster - 

For the guys working on ASP.NET MVC and have visited the http://www.asp.net site, this is another good, free one on JavaScript. It even gets into using jQuery to make ajax calls. Definitely all stuff we need to cover.

Take a look, see what you think, as always email ogdeveloper@gmail.com if you have any questions or just want to BS about code/programming/career stuff.

Thanks!

Here's the link:

http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/javascript-fundamentals-for-absolute-beginners

Been going through these videos. On video 9 now. Does his examples start to deal a little more with real world type stuff later in the videos? His arrays example was very basic so was hoping to see more ways in which these could be used.

Probably not this is a from scratch tutorial. If you want more challenging concepts there are some great docs that cover that stuff plus OOP design in JS such as the Revealing Model Pattern etc I can link for you later Phone Post 3.0

IN

ttt

BUmp from web for ground fighter since these aren't in subs on app.

LOL i hate this site.  Anyone have any advice for finding any JR roles?  im still working on the back end. But it seems very difficult to get calls back when youre self taught.    I know React, JS, HTML, CSS, SASS, jQuery and am ramping on Node/ mongoDB/ SQL.   

nickgjj -

LOL i hate this site.  Anyone have any advice for finding any JR roles?  im still working on the back end. But it seems very difficult to get calls back when youre self taught.    I know React, JS, HTML, CSS, SASS, jQuery and am ramping on Node/ mongoDB/ SQL.   

What you could do is create a github account and create a new repo and commit random things you work on for yourself.  When you apply and they ask for a website, show them your github account with work. Make sure you  have samples of all the thing you want to highlight.

Disregard my previous post. I had a bunch of repos. I got hired last week and start tuesday. It just took a while to find a company that would actually look at the work I had done. Most places I couldn't get past hr because I didn't have any professional work lol.

bump

Might as well sub to this one too 

I’m hiring for someone with solid c++ experience.  Repo required 

mrblonde1281 - 

As an entry level person interested in the field could you please point a guy in the right direction.

I've found a few guys outlining what they thought were the best steps on the YouTube but I'm trying to map out the schedule I'm going to ultimately try to follow.

Most importantly, I was going to try eventually attempt blockchain programming but I know dick about it. Is that the best route to take?

OP if you would chime in that would be cool as hell.

Thanks in advance!

You could try udemy or hackerrank?

mrblonde1281 - 

I got mostly B’s and had car repo’d once but now its paid in full. Where is this job located?

Ryazzo -
mrblonde1281 - 

I got mostly B’s and had car repo’d once but now its paid in full. Where is this job located?

Southern CA

11ers Gonna 11 -
mrblonde1281 - 

As an entry level person interested in the field could you please point a guy in the right direction.

I’ve found a few guys outlining what they thought were the best steps on the YouTube but I’m trying to map out the schedule I’m going to ultimately try to follow.

Most importantly, I was going to try eventually attempt blockchain programming but I know dick about it. Is that the best route to take?

OP if you would chime in that would be cool as hell.

Thanks in advance!

I mostly recruit for QA, SDETS, and tech writers.  We struggle with finding good SDETS because testing isn’t something a lot of people are interested in.  I can’t speak for other companies, but if someone where have some programming chops and be genuinely interested in testing, it would be pretty easy to get in.