Which OGer is this?
A San Francisco tech CEO was filmed leveling a racist rant against an Asian family at a California restaurant
2 hours ago
- The CEO of a San Francisco tech startup was caught on camera aiming a racist rant at an Asian family at a California restaurant over the July Fourth weekend.
- Solid8 CEO Michael Lofthouse can be seen and heard saying "Trump's gonna f--- you" and "you f------ Asian piece of s---."
- One of the family members posted the one-minute video on Instagram with a caption describing the experience.
- "The surfacing of racists is so prevalent right now, even in such an ethnically/culturally diverse and liberal state like California, because Trump HIMSELF uses his position to incite racial tension and to promote aggression towards POC, foreigners, and immigrants," Jordan Chan wrote.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The CEO of a San Francisco tech company leveled a racist attack at an Asian family while dining in an outdoor area of a California restaurant over the Fourth of July weekend.
Michael Lofthouse of Solid8, an IT firm based in the Bay Area, was filmed on camera by one of the family members, Jordan Chan, at the Lucia restaurant at the Bernardus Lodge and Spa in Carmel Valley near Monterey. He apparently began his offensive remarks before Chan even started filming — you can hear her say "say it again. Oh, now you're shy?"
"Trump's gonna f--- you," Lofthouse is then filmed remarking before saying the family needs to leave. He then says "you f------ Asian piece of s---."