OGPL Week 14: Predictions!

OGPL 2004 Regular Season: OFFICIAL RULES

1. The OGPL is open to all members of the OG. However, to be counted in the official overall standings from week-to-week, players must submit a pick for each game, every week of the regular season.

2. All prediction picks must be placed 1 hour prior to the first game of each week to be counted. The only exception to this rule will be in the event of Thursday night games, such as the NFL Season Opener and Thanksgiving, where a separate post for these games will be accepted.

2a. As a precaution against the loss data that we experienced during mid-season last year, all OGPL players are advised to email their final selections to: khun.kao@verizon.net Again, all final prediction picks must be sent 1 hour before the first weekend kickoff. The 'Thursday exception' applies to emails as well. (please remember to include your screen-name in your email!)

3. All prediction picks must be submitted on the official "OGPL Week [#]: Predictions!!!" thread.

4. If you submit prediction picks, but wish to change your mind before kickoff on Sunday, please edit your original post. This will minimize any confusion! Again, the only exception to this rule will be in the event of a Thursday night game, where separate posts are not only excepted, but encouraged. (If you edit your predictions, please resend your entire predicion list via email to be properly tallied!)

5. Though not required, posting short explanations for your prediction picks is encouraged. Humor is a plus!

6. Also encouraged is making predictions on upsets, routs, turnovers, or any other "games within the game" that you can think of.

7. The game is played for bragging rights only! No prizes will "officially" be awarded. (though we're hoping to eventually change this rule)

8. Each weeks results will be listed in two separate posts (on the same thread). Weekly Results & Overall Standings. All O.G. members are eligible to compete for the weekly results, but only O.G. members who participate each and every game, each and every week will be tallied in the overall standings.

9. All players are responsible for keeping track of their predictions and standings as a safety measure. We're only human and mistakes are sometimes made. Though there are no prizes at stake, we do not wish to 'gyp' anyone of their legitimate standings in this contest.

10. HAVE FUN!

WEEK 14

Sunday, Dec. 12

Chicago at Jacksonville, 1:00 p.m.

Cincinnati at New England, 1:00 p.m.

Cleveland at Buffalo, 1:00 p.m.

Indianapolis at Houston, 1:00 p.m.

New Orleans at Dallas, 1:00 p.m.

N.Y. Giants at Baltimore, 1:00 p.m.

Oakland at Atlanta, 1:00 p.m.

Seattle at Minnesota, 1:00 p.m.

Miami at Denver, 4:05 p.m.

N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh, 4:05 p.m.

Detroit at Green Bay, 4:15 p.m.

San Francisco at Arizona, 4:15 p.m.

St. Louis at Carolina, 4:15 p.m.

Tampa Bay at San Diego, 4:15 p.m.

Philadelphia at Washington, 8:30 p.m.

Monday, Dec. 13

Kansas City at Tennessee, 9:00 p.m.

Chicago at Jacksonville: Chicago is actually playing surprisingly well with their QB Carousel (did that term originate with Steve Spurrier?), but Jacksonville has been quietly making a strong bid for the division title. PICK: Jacksonville

Cincinnati at New England: What is it about teams getting on a roll after beating the Redskins? The Bengals have also been playing surprisingly well, but the Patriots have too balanced of an attack and should be able to take this one. The game within the game will be the RB showdown.... PICK: New England

Cleveland at Buffalo: Buffalo is also starting to come around, but the Browns aren't. PICK: Buffalo

Indianapolis at Houston: Can ANYONE slow down Manning on his "NFL TD TOSS RECORD TOUR"? The Texans "D" has a good rep, but not THAT good.... PICK: Indianapolis

New Orleans at Dallas: I feel bad for the Saints. I feel bad for Hasslet. I hope they can win this one, but somehow, I doubt it. PICK: New Orleans

N.Y. Giants at Baltimore: Which team to I despise the most? tosses coin... land on its edge PICK: Bawlmer, hon!

Oakland at Atlanta: What happened to the Falcons last week??? Has Norvitus started to set in on the Raiders? PICK: Atlanta

Seattle at Minnesota: Two teams beginning their annual December collapse. Anyone remember that game between these two about a year or so ago when Seattle scored approximately 21 points in less than 1 minute? Do ya think it'll happen again? PICK: Minnesota

Miami at Denver: I'd really LOVE to see Miami win this game. PICK: Denver

N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh: I really expect that the Steelers bubble has got to burst sometime this season, but then I look again and realize that they are probably the 2nd most balanced team behind the Pat's. The Jets just have too many question marks with Pennington being dinged up. PICK: Pittsburgh

Detroit at Green Bay: I didn't get to see the Iggles/Packers game, but from all accounts, it sounds like they laid a serious egg. However, being back home at Lambeau against the Hapless Lions (sorry, Yuki), they should be able to return to form. PICK: Green Bay

San Francisco at Arizona: The beginning of this weeks "Who Effin Cares?" games... PICK: Arizona

St. Louis at Carolina: Who Effin Cares? #2 PICK: Carolina

Tampa Bay at San Diego: Tampa has resurged into contention in the weak NFC, but I think they're taking another step back this week when they play Martyball v4.3 PICK: San Diego

Philadelphia at Washington: OK, I will readily admit that the prospects for my Redskins look real dim this week. Philly's "D" is slightly suspect, but their offense has too much explosive firepower to be kept in check, especially with our defensive injuries. PICK: Washington Redskins!!!!!!

Kansas City at Tennessee: This outta be a decent game, actually. Kansas City is arguably the best losing team in the league. Tennessee should never be underestimated.... PICK: Kansas City

WEEK 14
Sunday, Dec. 12

Chicago at Jacksonville, 1:00 p.m. - Jacksonville is a solid team top to bottom - Jags

Cincinnati at New England, 1:00 p.m. - This is my UPSET OF THE WEEK! - Bungles

Cleveland at Buffalo, 1:00 p.m. - Stains and that new coach, 48th string QB - ugh, Buffalo

Indianapolis at Houston, 1:00 p.m. - Houston is solid and at home. Upset potential. - Indy

New Orleans at Dallas, 1:00 p.m. - Both suck. - Dallas

N.Y. Giants at Baltimore, 1:00 p.m. - Manning continues to suck ass - Ratbirds

Oakland at Atlanta, 1:00 p.m. - I can never pick Oakland... old, fat, and slow... bad NFL combo - Atlanta

Seattle at Minnesota, 1:00 p.m. - 'Hawks have ZERO confidence, Vikes have ZERO defense - Vikes

Miami at Denver, 4:05 p.m. - Broncs still trying to salvage season, Fins fighting for respect - Broncos

N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh, 4:05 p.m. - Another tough game for the Steelers who are fighting to keep pace with NE for home field... this is the week the Steelers open some space on the Pats (see above) - STEELERS!!!!

Detroit at Green Bay, 4:15 p.m. - I really thought the Pack was coming around until their mutilation the other night... still, it's just the Lions - Packers

San Francisco at Arizona, 4:15 p.m. - why? - Ariz

St. Louis at Carolina, 4:15 p.m. - If Carolina can make the playoffs, nobody will want to play them - Panthers

Tampa Bay at San Diego, 4:15 p.m. - May turn into a better game then you'd think it would be - SD

Philadelphia at Washington, 8:30 p.m. - This game will be closer then you might think too. 'Skins D can play and their O took a step forward last week - Philly

Monday, Dec. 13

Kansas City at Tennessee, 9:00 p.m. - Don't care - KC

Chicago at Jacksonville Jacksonville

Cincinnati at New England Cincinnati

Cleveland at Buffalo cleveland

Indianapolis at Houston indianapolis

New Orleans at Dallas new orleans

N.Y. Giants at Baltimore baltimore

Oakland at Atlanta atlanta

Seattle at Minnesota minnesota

Miami at Denver denver

N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh pittsburgh

Detroit at Green Bay greenbay

San Francisco at Arizona arizona

St. Louis at Carolina carolina

Tampa Bay at San Diego tampa bay

Philadelphia at Washington philadelphia

Monday, Dec. 13

Kansas City at Tennessee Kansas City

Chicago at Jacksonville, 1:00 p.m. Jacksonville

Cincinnati at New England, 1:00 p.m. - New England

Cleveland at Buffalo, 1:00 p.m. - Buffalo

Indianapolis at Houston, 1:00 p.m. - Indy

New Orleans at Dallas, 1:00 p.m. - Dallas

N.Y. Giants at Baltimore, 1:00 p.m. - Baltimore

Oakland at Atlanta, 1:00 p.m. - ATL

Seattle at Minnesota, 1:00 p.m. - Minnesota

Miami at Denver, 4:05 p.m. - Denver

N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh, 4:05 p.m. - Jets (underdog)

Detroit at Green Bay, 4:15 p.m. - Green Bay

San Francisco at Arizona, 4:15 p.m. - AZ

St. Louis at Carolina, 4:15 p.m. - Carolina

Tampa Bay at San Diego, 4:15 p.m. - Tampa

Philadelphia at Washington, 8:30 p.m. - Philly

Monday, Dec. 13

Kansas City at Tennessee, 9:00 p.m. - Tennessee

WEEK 14
Sunday, Dec. 12

Chicago at Jacksonville, 1:00 p.m. Jags

Cincinnati at New England, 1:00 p.m. Pats

Cleveland at Buffalo, 1:00 p.m. Bills

Indianapolis at Houston, 1:00 p.m. Indy

New Orleans at Dallas, 1:00 p.m. Cowboys

N.Y. Giants at Baltimore, 1:00 p.m. sigh Yep, picking the GMEN to win again this week.

Oakland at Atlanta, 1:00 p.m. Falcons

Seattle at Minnesota, 1:00 p.m. Vikings at home

Miami at Denver, 4:05 p.m. Broncos

N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh, 4:05 p.m. Pittsburgh

Detroit at Green Bay, 4:15 p.m. Packers

San Francisco at Arizona, 4:15 p.m. Cardnials

St. Louis at Carolina, 4:15 p.m. CArolina

Tampa Bay at San Diego, 4:15 p.m. Chargers

Philadelphia at Washington, 8:30 p.m. The Fucking Eagles

Monday, Dec. 13

Kansas City at Tennessee, 9:00 p.m. KC

Chicago at Jacksonville, 1:00 p.m. Jacksonville

Cincinnati at New England, 1:00 p.m. New England

Cleveland at Buffalo, 1:00 p.m. Buffalo

Indianapolis at Houston, 1:00 p.m. Indianapolis

New Orleans at Dallas, 1:00 p.m. Dallas

N.Y. Giants at Baltimore, 1:00 p.m. Baltimore

Oakland at Atlanta, 1:00 p.m. Atlanta

Seattle at Minnesota, 1:00 p.m. Minnesota

Miami at Denver, 4:05 p.m. Denver

N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh, 4:05 p.m. Pittsburgh

Detroit at Green Bay, 4:15 p.m. Green Bay

San Francisco at Arizona, 4:15 p.m. San Fran

St. Louis at Carolina, 4:15 p.m. Carolina

Tampa Bay at San Diego, 4:15 p.m. San Diego

Philadelphia at Washington, 8:30 p.m. Philly

Monday, Dec. 13

Kansas City at Tennessee, 9:00 p.m. Tennessee

Jaguars

Patriots

Bills

Colts

Cowboys

Ravens

Falcons

Vikings

Broncos

Steelers

Unfortunately, I agree with you Khun Kao.

Packers  (GO LIONS)

Cardinals

Rams

SuperChargers

Eagles

Chiefs

Jaguars

Patriots

Bills

Colts

Cowboys

Ravens

Falcons

Vikings

Broncos

Jets

Packers

Cardinals

Panthers

Chargers

Eagles

Chiefs

Damn, almost forgot to do these.........

Chicago at Jacksonville--Jacksonville

Cincinnati at New England--New England

Cleveland at Buffalo--Buffalo

Indianapolis at Houston--Indianapolis. Manning ties the record in an Indy blowout

New Orleans at Dallas--Dallas

N.Y. Giants at Baltimore--Baltimore will be all over Eli like a hobo on a baloni sandwich. IMO

Oakland at Atlanta--Atlanta

Seattle at Minnesota--Minny. Reports of Minnesota's demise are greatly exaggerated. Lost to the Giants (like always), lost AT INDY, and AT LAMBEAU, both by final-minute FG's w/o Randy Moss. Lost at Soldier, where they always play poorly. The game Khun Kao refers to was two years ago. Last year Seattle went to the Metrodome and got beat by 4 touchdowns. Look for a repeat of that game.

Miami at Denver--Denver

N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh--Pittsburgh

Detroit at Green Bay--Green Bay

San Francisco at Arizona--Arizona

St. Louis at Carolina--Carolina

Tampa Bay at San Diego--San Diego

Philadelphia at Washington--Philly, and it won't be close

Monday, Dec. 13

Kansas City at Tennessee--Tennessee, because they're at home. Chris Brown has a field day against this defense.

Jacksonville

New England

Buffalo

Indianapolis

Dallas, 1:00 p.m.

Baltimore, 1:00 p.m.

Atlanta, 1:00 p.m.

Minnesota, 1:00 p.m.

Denver, 4:05 p.m.

Pittsburgh, 4:05 p.m.

Green Bay, 4:15 p.m.

Arizona, 4:15 p.m.

Carolina, 4:15 p.m.

San Diego, 4:15 p.m.

Philadelphia

Monday, Dec. 13

Tennessee, 9:00 p.m.

WEEK 14
Sunday, Dec. 12

Chicago at Jacksonville, 1:00 p.m.- Jac

Cincinnati at New England, 1:00 p.m.- NE

Cleveland at Buffalo, 1:00 p.m.- BUF

Indianapolis at Houston, 1:00 p.m.- IND

New Orleans at Dallas, 1:00 p.m.- NE

N.Y. Giants at Baltimore, 1:00 p.m.- NYG

Oakland at Atlanta, 1:00 p.m.- ATL

Seattle at Minnesota, 1:00 p.m.- SEA

Miami at Denver, 4:05 p.m.- DEN

N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh, 4:05 p.m.- PIT

Detroit at Green Bay, 4:15 p.m.-GB

San Francisco at Arizona, 4:15 p.m.- ARI

St. Louis at Carolina, 4:15 p.m.- CAR

Tampa Bay at San Diego, 4:15 p.m.- SD

Philadelphia at Washington, 8:30 p.m.- PHI

Monday, Dec. 13

Kansas City at Tennessee, 9:00 p.m.- KC

Fuck i just spent the whole night drinking now here i am 7:44 in the morning, doing my picks

Cousin Eddie....

"Philadelphia at Washington--Philly, and it won't be close"

Not even close, huh? LOL

(yeah, I know the 'Skins still lost, but I need to take what little satisfaction out of that game that I can)

Yo Khun Kao, Sorry about mispelling but you can tell i wanted to put NO instead of NE for the NE vs DAl game. I just wanted to leave my og post unedited so there is no confusion on what i changed.

Also, I would like to announce, that i am out of last place. Can I get a woot woot. Sigh