OGPL 2004 Regular Season: OFFICIAL RULES
1. The OGPL is open to all members of the OG. However, to be counted in the official overall standings from week-to-week, players must submit a pick for each game, every week of the regular season.
2. All prediction picks must be placed 1 hour prior to the first game of each week to be counted. The only exception to this rule will be in the event of Thursday night games, such as the NFL Season Opener and Thanksgiving, where a separate post for these games will be accepted.
2a. As a precaution against the loss data that we experienced during mid-season last year, all OGPL players are advised to email their final selections to: firstname.lastname@example.org Again, all final prediction picks must be sent 1 hour before the first weekend kickoff. The 'Thursday exception' applies to emails as well. (please remember to include your screen-name in your email!)
3. All prediction picks must be submitted on the official "OGPL Week [#]: Predictions!!!" thread.
4. If you submit prediction picks, but wish to change your mind before kickoff on Sunday, please edit your original post. This will minimize any confusion! Again, the only exception to this rule will be in the event of a Thursday night game, where separate posts are not only excepted, but encouraged. (If you edit your predictions, please resend your entire predicion list via email to be properly tallied!)
5. Though not required, posting short explanations for your prediction picks is encouraged. Humor is a plus!
6. Also encouraged is making predictions on upsets, routs, turnovers, or any other "games within the game" that you can think of.
7. The game is played for bragging rights only! No prizes will "officially" be awarded. (though we're hoping to eventually change this rule)
8. Each weeks results will be listed in two separate posts (on the same thread). Weekly Results & Overall Standings. All O.G. members are eligible to compete for the weekly results, but only O.G. members who participate each and every game, each and every week will be tallied in the overall standings.
9. All players are responsible for keeping track of their predictions and standings as a safety measure. We're only human and mistakes are sometimes made. Though there are no prizes at stake, we do not wish to 'gyp' anyone of their legitimate standings in this contest.
10. HAVE FUN!