Oh My God... LoL, this is awesome...

From MMAJunkie.com

UFC welterweight and self-proclaimed geek Tamdan McCrory, a 21-year-old fighter who defeated veteran Pete Spratt in his UFC debut, is in the running for a spot on the cast of VH1's reality dating show, "The Pickup Artist 2."

McCrory is currently soliciting online votes on the show's casting website.

The 6-foot-4 Scorpio hopes to be one of eight applicants chosen to appear on the reality show for an eight-week seminar and competition to learn the ins and outs of the dating scene. The show tapes this summer and debuts on VH1 later this year.

The eight-episode first season of "The Pickup Artist" debuted in August 2007 and featured eight cast members. They were trained in the art of the "pickup" by seduction artist Mystery (Erik von Markovik) with help from wingmen J-Dog and Matador.

Contestants competed in various challenges, which usually required the men to pick up women in various spots around Austin, Texas.

The show is currently in the fourth week of a 10-week online casting call. The winner of the show earns the title of "Master Pick-Up Artist" and $50,000.

In his online profile, McCrory says the competition was tailor-made for him.

"I'm extremely socially awkward and have lots of anxiety when it comes to women," he wrote. "I usually have to have a few drinks before I can even start talking, and by that time, I just come off as buzzed idiot.

"I quess I have a lot to work on."

In January MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported that McCrory (8-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) had put his UFC career on hold to concentrate on an equally challenging venture: graduating college.

McCrory is currently completing his senior year at The State University of New York at Cortland (SUNY Cortland) to earn a degree in kinesiology with a concentration in exercise science.

He plans to return to the UFC in the summer.

If chosen for the show, McCrory wouldn't be the first MMA fighter to appear on a reality TV show. Fighters such as Tim Sylvia, Pete Spratt and Josh Thomson have appeared on the show "Blind Date," and MMAjunkie.com columnist Frank Trigg was a cast member on the VH1 show "Kept."

What a nerd :(...

Trust me, after seeing how 80% of this forum responds when a girl posts on this forum, we should have a UG "Pick up Artist"

The main guy will be played by OMA (tm)

dehghani and Tuggle can be his wing men.

Ah, cool.

Alright fine, I'm not gonna' lie... I watched a couple episodes of "The Pickup Artist" season one.

el matador ftw

Kliquid - 

el matador ftw

LOL

His profile's funny as hell.

Lol, I already voted on him via myspace... :-)

It'd be way cool if he won.

I'm in college full-time and trying to train and stay active in the WEC, where is my cash train?

Crooklyn -  They have a thread here in the UG so you can go and vote for him.  Just go vote so he can get a girl AND make some cash.  He's a nice kid=)

Getting a girl usually translates into having NO cash.

Vote early, vote often.

I know who he's fighting next but I'm not tellin'! Neener neener neener!

Psha!! I've fought three times since the beginning of '07. And I have an expensive girlfriend, but I am considering moving into a tipi, so that should take care of that problem.

Oh, and I already voted for McCrory.

everybody needs to vote. He isnt even in the top ten. The voting thing says you can vote every 24 hrs.

Voted

Is there a link where I can vote for him?

"McCrory is currently soliciting online votes on the show's casting website."

Got it now...

TTT for the Barn Cat

Voted