Oh yeah, Newton got F$CKED

How did that happen?? Typical in Japan i guess.

That was a HORRIBLE decision :(

They gave the decision to Takase yet gave Ryan the decision.

A night of bullshit decisions at Pride.

SA

How did that happen?? Typical in Japan i guess.

- havent seen it, heard mostly that Newton deserved it but is it also typical that Minowa was on the end of a losing decision in a close fight?

It was close because neither guy seemed to have any fire, but Newton did press the action more ... hard to say he "won" though. A draw would have been fair, IMO.

Newton won easily.

I would call the Ryan fight a draw, he dominated the entire first round and gassed in the second.

Another case for the extra round. But I did give Newton an edge. To bad for the loss on his record.

"I would call the Ryan fight a draw, he dominated the entire first round and gassed in the second."

While gassing had a lot to do with it you could have phrased that much better had you said, "he dominated the entire first round and got dominated in the second."

Cause honestly, he didn't just gas, he got dominated and pounded.

"I would call the Ryan fight a draw, he dominated the entire first round and gassed in the second."

Yes, but the first round is 10 minutes and the second is 5, right? So that means he "won" twice as much of the fight as Minowa did. Hence the reason for the stopwatch.

I guess Guy Mezger got robbed then...

For sure, Newton was robbed blind.

He is too content to sit in his opponent's guard though, he's frustrated me that way before.

I would have thought the damage he did standing and his dominant wrestling was worth more than the couple of decent sub attempts Takase had. It would appear that riding your guard high scores points in the eyes of the Pride judges... because most of Takase's sub attempts got no further than that, and he did very little to Newton in terms of standing or takedowns.

I feel very sorry for Carlos. He has an L on his record where, at the very worst, he should have a Draw.