Oil Sand Jobs TMA/E

I would seriously consider going for the right opportunity. My background is in fire sprinklers but I would be open to a change. I figured someone on the OG might have a little insight or knowledge on the matter.

Good money. But Fort McMurray is void of women... Phone Post 3.0

The woman will come afterwards. I would really like to go put in a few years or more now while I am free, unburdened and able so I can put back the money to set myself up for a future where I want to be not where I can make good money.

Do you have a lifted truck?

Vitor29 - Good money and work in the cold Lake area. Heading there in January. Phone Post 3.0

What kind of work? Do you have a job prior to heading out or are you planning on hiring on once you get there?

Ham and Egger - Do you have a lifted truck?

yes

Then you're already ahead. Get up there and make some fucking cash.

If I wasnt in school right now Id be looking for a job on a patch. I would do just fine in a camp. Its not for everyone though.

Check Levitt Safety or Vipond you should get picked up fairly quick. Phone Post 3.0

Ham and Egger - If I wasnt in school right now Id be looking for a job on a patch. I would do just fine in a camp. Its not for everyone though.

I would actually prefer a camp as long as I had a gym, and internet. What's the best way to go about getting a job up there? As an American is there anything special I have to do to work in Canada or is it as easy as hiring on with an American company who works up there? I have a pretty good job now and don't want to leave it unless I know for sure I can get a job

fahker - Check Levitt Safety or Vipond you should get picked up fairly quick. Phone Post 3.0

Thank you sir, will check into.

Willie Makitt - 
Ham and Egger - If I wasnt in school right now Id be looking for a job on a patch. I would do just fine in a camp. Its not for everyone though.

I would actually prefer a camp as long as I had a gym, and internet. What's the best way to go about getting a job up there? As an American is there anything special I have to do to work in Canada or is it as easy as hiring on with an American company who works up there? I have a pretty good job now and don't want to leave it unless I know for sure I can get a job

You would need a work visa, and I believe you can't get one unless you already have a job lined up. If you go to cross the border, and they ask you why you are entering Canada, if you say for work, and you don't have a job lined up with a work visa, they will turn you around.

subbed.

Stan The Man - 
Willie Makitt - 

You would need a work visa, and I believe you can't get one unless you already have a job lined up. If you go to cross the border, and they ask you why you are entering Canada, if you say for work, and you don't have a job lined up with a work visa, they will turn you around.

Thanks for info, I knew there had to be some hoops involved.

Spit some more knoweledge folks

. Phone Post 3.0

TTT Phone Post 3.0

EtownGGod - You need to get ahold of URS Flint recruitment. They hire Americans and assist with all the paperwork. I'm a 3rd year pipefitter in the oil sands and worked union and non union and even the wannabe union CLAC.

Being a sprinkler fitter, the union 488 would use you but they'd want you to be a Canadian citizen first. Phone Post 3.0

Looks pretty promising, thanks. Is the money different between union and non? How much should I expect starting out over there?