OJ: Made In America ESPN 30 for 30 - 8 Hrs

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/05/espns-oj-documentary-is-a-masterpiece.html

g

The O.J Simpson trial for the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman will be in two upcoming TV miniseries. One scripted series, "FX's American Crime Story: The People Vs. O.J." and one documentary on ESPN "O.J.: Made in America. The latter marks a first for the sports network's venerable 30 for 30 franchise, a five-part miniseries that aims to tell the complete life of Simpson and not just the unprecedented media circus that culminated in the divisive "not guilty" verdict watched round the world. Ezra Edelman, the director of the 30 for 20 franchise, says the Kardashian family won't be featured that much. He says, "Robert Kardashian, as someone who was friends with OJ and by his side, all you see of him in this movie is depositions of him before the civil trial."

n

O.J. Made in America,” the most ambitious project from ESPN Films to date, will air over the course of a week in June, ESPN announced today, and will get a launch on sister broadcast network ABC. The 10-hour episodic documentary had premiered earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.

The latest project under ESPN Films’ “30 for 30” brand, “O.J. Made in America” will premiere on Saturday, June 11 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC. After an ESPN replay at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 14, the second two-hour installment will follow at 9 p.m., and subsequent episodes will air June 15, 17 and 18.

ABC will get plenty of opportunity to promote the event during its coverage of the NBA Finals, which starts June 2. The doc’s premiere will come between Game 4 and a potential Game 5 of the best-of-seven series.

Oh shit yall Phone Post 3.0

stros -

What up with all this oj shit lately?

I'm wondering the same thing Phone Post 3.0

They already did the one about the car chase. No interest in seeing his life story. I'll just watch the naked gun movies. Phone Post 3.0

TheBearStare - 
stros -

What up with all this oj shit lately?

I'm wondering the same thing Phone Post 3.0

The miniseries spawned some new interest in the case, although this series was being worked on well before the series on FX came out.

The fact is, unless you were born in the early - mid eighties or before you wont have much appreciation for how much a shitshow the whole thing was because you cant appreciate who people thought OJ was.

The judge, the witnesses, the prosecutors all became household names.

People's careers were made or broken on the case.

And all that because you had one of the most well known american celebrities on trial for double murder.

I mean OJ was a great RB.

Heisman trophy, NFL rushing record, and one of the few black guys white people were ok with.

t

In Phone Post 3.0

t

Subbed Phone Post 3.0