OK. Let's Talk Tie Tying...

I am a Half-Windsor knot kind of guy. I like the look of the "Vicious V" at the top just beneath the knot. Sometimes I rock the full Windsor, but only with an extra long tie. Never been a Bow tie type of guy, but I am open to it just for giggles. Perhaps a cravat would be nice...

I digress...

Length of the tie is a problem for me. Although I am only 5'8", I have a 19 or 20" neck. As such, when I tie my ties, they are either too short, or the back piece is very short.

Anyone have any ideas ?
What's your go to tie knot? Phone Post 3.0

If the tie doesn't touch the belt loop do it again or try a different knot.

Im a four in hand man. I like thats its asymmetrical, and its easy. Phone Post

Half Windsor here. I have an 18 in neck and an extremely long torso, so I can't do the full. I am also very fond of bow ties, but only in the right setting. Phone Post 3.0

Full windsor. Half-windsor's asymmetrical look always annoys me.

Always done "four in hand", honestly its the only one I know.

Stupidnewbie - Full windsor. Half-windsor's asymmetrical look always annoys me.
When done properly, it looks very symmetrical. Phone Post 3.0

Full Windsor or double Windsor.

I wear a lot of three piece suits, so I can tie a big fat double, and not care how the length turns out. Phone Post 3.0

mendelson - 
Stupidnewbie - Full windsor. Half-windsor's asymmetrical look always annoys me.
When done properly, it looks very symmetrical. Phone Post 3.0

Anyone who can properly tie a tie doesn't use a half-assed windsor, in my experience. Those who can't, wear their shit lopsided like a miserable kid in Sunday school.

Four in hand is the only way to go

Double Windsor. Anything less is uncivilized. Phone Post 3.0

I had to improvise tying a tie once, since I wasn't taught or didn't pay attention. It turned out good though so I'm afraid of learning the right way.

Pratt for day to day. Full Windsor for formal. 

i only know one way to tie a tie and I don't even know what type it is lol

Johnny Ringo - Double Windsor. Anything less is uncivilized. Phone Post 3.0
Except that there is no double Windsor.

I do the one that you flip it upside down. It's an quick and ways symmetrical knot. Phone Post 3.0

allyourbasebase -
Johnny Ringo - Double Windsor. Anything less is uncivilized. Phone Post 3.0
Except that there is no double Windsor.

I do the one that you flip it upside down. It's an quick and ways symmetrical knot. Phone Post 3.0
Er a Phone Post 3.0

Not sure I understand...

There is a double/full Windsor... I'm not a retard. I learned how to tie one about a decade ago from a gay wardrobe director while I was working on a movie set. If there's anything a gay wardrobe director working in Hollywood knows, its how to tie a tie and what it's called. I'm going to take his word for it.

Oh but thanks for taking a fun sarcastic post of mine and getting all serious and shit.

Oh and just in case the gay wardrobe professional was wrong, I grabbed this for ya, Wikipedia has a page to walk you through it. First paragraph ought to do it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor_knot Phone Post 3.0

I rock the Pratt knot or Shelby knot. Phone Post 3.0

Can we get pics of the different knots?! Phone Post 3.0

Should be obvious what I wear