OK OG, I need your help desperately

I haven't had any real legit pain since February so I told my oncologist that I want off the pain meds as fast as I can safely do it. So far we've gone from percocet 10 to 5 which I filled today. This is going to be my last rx. I have 120 and I need a plan for how to wean myself off these.

Should I do 5mg x times per day then down to 2.5? How low should I go before I can probably stop? 

Before this I've never taken drugs (other than weed) and they've had me on these since late 2016 if that info makes a difference.

I started this last year but then had that surgery and they put me back on them. 

All my doctor knows is that I'm weaning myself off, I told him I could do it within two refills and this is the last one.

Please serious advice. I will do whatever you tell me to do to safety quit these. 

Thanks for any help at all. 

1 Like

Before anyone comes to call me a pill head.

Fuck my ass! Good luck brother

I just posted these because recently we've had members straight up attack posters without knowing the story behind their posts. 

1 Like

Look into kratom. It is very effective in getting people off of opiates. Very safe as well.

1 Like

I hope you are well my friend. How about transitioning to a CBD with enough THC to help you with any pain and inflammation. I went from a 50/1 to a 5/1 and I am sleeping a heck of a lot better.

I've never heard of kratom. I've heard a few people mention CBD. Any other opinions on either of those? 

jeeez, bud

best of luck, sincerely.

my personal advice would be to get al lthe way on the other side of the pain [if you aren't already] and then taper off. i don't have an addictive gene as far as i've experienced so far, so that's probably easier for me to say. again, though, sorry to hear about this issue and certainly its severity. if you're in pain you deserve to be brought out of it to aid in your recovery.

Briscoe - 

I've never heard of kratom. I've heard a few people mention CBD. Any other opinions on either of those? 

Do look into it. I assure you it's one of if not the best option out there. Legal in most states. It is NOT an opiate, but it hits the opioid receptors preventing the worst of the w/d symptoms.

I haven't had any bad pain for a few months now, but what little I do have left over I can take care of with Motrin 800.

I just need a way to finish this last little bit. I wish they had never gave them to me but last year was a different story. 

Nothing is anywhere close to as powerful as opiates.  Cbd helps, but imo isn't as affective as Advil.  Good luck bud.

KennyPowers55 -
Briscoe - 

Do look into it. I assure you it's one of if not the best option out there. Legal in most states. It is NOT an opiate, but it hits the opioid receptors preventing the worst of the w/d symptoms.

I'll read up on this and see what people say. I'm guessing I'd have to make sure to get the correct brand/strength of some sort to make sure it works as described? 

EFM -

Nothing is anywhere close to as powerful as opiates.  Cbd helps, but imo isn't as affective as Advil.  Good luck bud.

I figured where I'm already down to 5mg about 4-5 times every 24 hours, I wouldn't need it to be every bit as powerful. I hope I'm right. 

I have no advice. But I wish you good luck. 

holy fuck

never done pills but damn man

you are a tough mofo

heal up homie

Poiupoiu -

i think the key is dont put them in your mouth

Same with bats and pangolins you sick fuck

7 Likes

God damn. No advice but good luck, op