Ok..so who's next for Gomi?

How 'bout a rematch with Brennan

Do you guys think BJ would come back down again to fight Gomi?

Hansen VS Gomi would be awesome.

And although this is hardly an unbiased oppinion :) I'd love to see Chris Brennan fight him again, that fight was awesome.

"JZ gave him all he could handle, and lost a split decision only because I think Hansen was more recognized in Shooto at that time."

I hardly agree with that. JZ took Hansen down, and tried to pass for a few minutes, but ended up doing little else than laying on Hansen for the rest of the fight.

a LW grand prix would rule!

Takanori Gomi Vs. Yves Edwards.

I seriously doubt that BJ Penn will move back down to the 155 LB weight class. BJ Penn has a contract with K-1 & K-1 doesn't let there fighters fight in PRIDE FC.

Sean Sherk said that he's also willing cut down to 160 LBS.

Takanori Gomi Vs. Yves Edwards.

I seriously doubt that BJ Penn will move back down to the 155 LB weight class. BJ Penn has a contract with K-1 & K-1 doesn't let there fighters fight in PRIDE FC.

Sean Sherk said that he's also willing cut down to 160 LBS.

Gomi vs. Edwards sounds good to me.

But then again, Edwards barely got by Franca, i think they should rematch first and Gomi could avenge his loss to Hansen in the meantime.

And Brennan looked awesome in those clips, props.

oooooohh, Gomi vs. Sherk. Sherk all the way!

Great call Lee.

it took 3 rounds though...

gomi beat pulver in half a round

I'd like to see Gomi/Sherk in the PRIDE GP

Just a question about Gomi.......

I haven't seen any of his earlier Shooto matches, but I remember reading(on here I think) that he was a G'n'P stylist a long the lines of Hughes. The fights I've seen of his in Bushido and Pride, he seems agressive and ready to trade.

Has his style changed that much? Or was it false advertising before?

Gomi's standup HAS improved a ton since that fight.

If you watch his fights with Brennan, Mishima, Hansen, you will notice that Gomi has good hands, but he didn't really go for the finish.

And then watch Gomi's last fights....you can even look at his record and tell. Gomi has won 5 in a row, 4 of those being by TKO or KO. Before his bout with Penn ( and excluding his fight with Mishima) Gomi hadn't TKO'ed an opponent since 2001. On top of that before he fought Penn he was 13-1 8 of those by decision.

Gomi's standup has improved by leaps and bounds, and even though I seriously doubt a re-match will ever happen, I think the re-match would by a much different fight.

He's quickly become one of my fave fighters and that is with only seeing three or four of his fights. He can be the next Japanese fighter for the Pride fans to rally behind. The crowd seemed genuinely excited after his KO of Pulver.

Einux, going from 8 out of 13 wins going to decision, to 4 out of 5 wins resulting in a KO or TKO win, shows his change in aggression. I noticed in the Pulver fight that he just kept coming. Even after eating a couple heavy punches, his feet kept pressing forward.

Gomi's chin, and ability to take abuse is unmatched in this sport.

back in 99, he fought Takuya Kuwabara (who was a DAMN good fighter in his day before he retired) kicked Gomi square in the face knocking him on his ass. And ass the reff broke them up, Gomi got soccerkicked in the face again. The reff broke them up, and started giving Gomi a 10 count (and while doing this a marker fell out of the reff's pocket) Gomi stoped trying to stand up long enough to give the reff back his marker. And then went on the BEAT THE HELL out of Kuwabara with punches. Insane fight.

During his fight with Ryan Bow (back in 2000) Gomi ate a NASTY knee to the face breaking his eyesocket. Gomi still went on to beat Bow by G&P decision. During the fight Bow caught Gomi in a nasty armlock that looked really painfull. Gomi just smiled and waved to the fans when the reff asked him if he gave up or not.

Penn also tried his ass off to KO Gomi. But it just wasn't going to happen. Penn hit Gomi with some punches that would have KILLED some people (and yea I mean that) and Gomi simply took them in stride. Even got his cheekbone broken during the fight, and never ever reacted.

And on top of all that he has cardio out the ass.

Gomi is and always has been a fucking machine.