Okami will expose Rich's clinch

first of all, i love rich. he's a great fighter. but we've seen that he clinch game is very flawed in both of his last fights.

against anderson, he maybe gets a pass. i mean, anderson's MT clinch is second to none. however, you'll note that he absolutely no answer for it, and looked down often- which is bad news if you don't like getting kneed in the face (i hear he doesn't).

in the macdonald fight, he had a tough time in the clinch too. he couldn't get out of it, and made the same mistake of looking down.

okami is very, very strong in the clinch. if rich lets him clinch, okami will do the same thing he always does, which is suck rich in and muscle him to the ground in kawajiri-like fashion.

i'd actually like to see rich win this one because i think okami is boring, but i think it's a very bad matchup for him unless he's done some serious clinch work.

FRAT

He didn't make the mistake of looking down, his head was being pulled down. He countered by twisting his body for one.

You know in many ways I agree with what you said. But no way! Okami is not boring IMO... he wrecked Swick and was pounding him for like 2 straight minutes on the ground with like 200 punches. SWEET

I also think Swick is a great fighter btw no disrespect. But it was sweet.

CRE i think okami eats punches too much standing you are right. But check out that clip you just posted. That is one minute in a fight and Rich is waving his hands round all crazy when he punches leaving MANY open spots! IMO okami has better standing def. but they are both guys who get tagged often.

Okami is like Tanner with better standup and judo to me....he could easily dec. rich in a 3 rounder

I'd be surprised if Rich won. Even though Rich was the champ, I wouldn't
say he has GREAT standup, he leaves a lot of openings when he strikes,
and the OP was right, Okami's clinch is good, and I think he'll be able to
take Rich down at will.

Okami by dec.

Silva aleady did.

I'm pickin Okami...SPROUT

Rich has 23 pounds on Swick and has better cardio, seems to be a better wrestler, is better standing, and probably comparable on the ground -- and Okami never really hurt Swick.

Yeah, how can you be exposed when it's already been done?

orcus he may not have had him "hurt" but okami sure did land something like 200 unanswered punches on swick's face!

orcus, okami was def near a tko (but his lacking of finishing power leaves room for improvement thats for sure) though i agree with your other factors. okami will be a sizable underdog.

pulsar, you beat me to it (though okami aint anderson)

"Okami is like Tanner with better standup and judo to me....he could easily dec. rich in a 3 rounder"

Okami's foot movement and td timing might be better but Tanner also has a good dirty box/mt type clinch and is clearly the better GNP finisher.

Tanner v Okami sounds like a good matchup aye.

Rich by big comeback...

his clinch game is fine.

Okami's ground and pound was the weakest I've ever seen vs. Swick. No way he will finish Franklin that way. Franklin by superior stand up

his is gonna be good for rich, or really, really bad. He either looks masterful koing Okami, or helpless like tito in the randy fight.

How was Rich's clinch versus Rivera...I remeber Ace haveing a hard time with him. He did he look in the clinch

"his is gonna be good for rich, or really, really bad. He either looks masterful koing Okami, or helpless like tito in the randy fight."

Yep, particularly for fickle MMA fans.