Okami will expose Rich's clinch

uhmm RIvera fight Rich completely controlled the clinch. Watch again.

Okami will gas like he did against Swick and Rick will knock him out.

Rich is better on the ground than Swick. If Rich ends up on his back Okami will get reversed. Rich wins.

"uhmm RIvera fight Rich completely controlled the clinch. Watch again"

No he didnt. Rivera was controlling the thai clinch and landing knees at will. Thats why Rich took him down

"Okami's ground and pound was the weakest I've ever seen vs. Swick."

Boy could that be because of it being the third round and him throwing like 200 punches? LOL come on dude he hit Swick with about as many shots there as a boxer lands in 12 rounds! Check Okamis G&P vs Ryuta sakurai or a fight like that for what he can REALLY do....

his pounding is not as good from the mount but he throws like fedor from th guard.

i thought about this more. i think rich will win. swick caught okami several times but couldn't finish- rich will finish.

but, i still think it will be a hard-won victory and along the way Okami will show the holes in rich's clinch game.

Everytime i watch this fight it makes me cringe, that was just a brutal beating. I like Rich but i dont thik he'll ever be the same again.

one of the most brutal beatings ever. i guess god was a bigger fan of silva.

Okami rd 2. Rich is a tough fighter, no question. He will not beat Okami.
But anything can happen.

anything can happen, but im sure Okami will win this, rich will not sub him, nor win by ko, Okami will tag rich standing and g&p ftw. Okami has grade A g&p imo.

I'm really looking forward to this fight.

Gonna have to go w/ Rich.

That beating is the result of a bad gameplan..

LOL@there being no strategy in MMA.

"No he didnt. Rivera was controlling the thai clinch and landing knees at will. Thats why Rich took him down"

So Rich does have a problem with the clinch

CRE, trolling or not, may be on to something here

I'd be surprised if Rich won. Even though Rich was the champ, I wouldn't say he has GREAT standup, he leaves a lot of openings when he strikes, and the OP was right, Okami's clinch is good, and I think he'll be able to take Rich down at will.

Okami by dec.

I pretty much agree with that too & Okami is tough as hell too...so a bad match-up for Rich on that one too

ttt

Rich ought to win. His standup is way better than Okami's and I haven't see anyone take Rich down yet. He's bigger than Okami and strength is probably at least comparable. Better cardio, too.

pulsar let me ask you this since you claim it was bad strategy and not a clashing of styles

When has Rich ever taken anyone down with a doubleleg in his whole career? All of his takedowns have come from the clinch and i think Anderson has been taken down from the clinch like one time in his whole career. It had nothing to do with strategy

It was a jack of all trades fighter getting exposed by fighting a master of one

Okami exposed Rich's ground game

i stand corrected!

he probably would have lost that in pride scoring