Old department is basically begging me to come bac

Fuck, this is weird. Over the last few weeks I’ve had my old VP, my old manager and today my old supervisor contact me to ask me to come back. 

They usually reach out to “See how I’m doing” and then are like “So, you know you always have a place here if you want it”. 

Today my old supervisor flat out asked me “So what do we have to do to get you back?”  

Im torn because I’m sure I could ask for whatever the fuck I want at this point, but I feel in 6 months of going back I’ll remember why I left in the first place. Most people I’ve talked to about this are like “Dont look backwards” and they are right, but a fat raise on top of my current salary would be some serious baller shit. 

What say you, OG?

Wouldn't you be screwing your new manager?

1 Like

You're thinking along the right line.

Keep asking yourself....why did you leave, and what have they done to change that since you left?

More money is always great, unless it's to be working somewhere with problems you can't fix (or that the company/ department doesn't want to fix).

1 Like

Depends if you feel the financial compensation is worth going back to a place you left.

Rarely have I ever heard of that being the right decision, unless enough time has passed so that things truly have changed and you aren't necessarilly going back to the exact same situation that made you want to leave. If money was the ony reason perhaps it might work out better.

Hold out for the blow job. One of the secretaries. Or your old boss. Or both at the same time.

20% increase over current salary or don't even consider it

That being said, should you choose not to return, don't burn any bridges - shit, in fact, don't even entertain the possibility of returning unless you're absolutely sure you'd go back for the right conditions, otherwise you'll look bad to both managers

I would go with whatever job gives you the most satisifaction unless the money is way better.

Nitecrawler -

Fuck, this is weird. Over the last few weeks I’ve had my old VP, my old manager and today my old supervisor contact me to ask me to come back. 

They usually reach out to “See how I’m doing” and then are like “So, you know you always have a place here if you want it”. 

Today my old supervisor flat out asked me “So what do we have to do to get you back?”  

Im torn because I’m sure I could ask for whatever the fuck I want at this point, but I feel in 6 months of going back I’ll remember why I left in the first place. Most people I’ve talked to about this are like “Dont look backwards” and they are right, but a fat raise on top of my current salary would be some serious baller shit. 

What say you, OG?

The reason they want you back is because they need you to make them look good. They’re obviously struggling without you, badly if they’re hounding you like that, so I say let them fail, and slip right in to whoever gets the axe first’s job. 

It won't work out. You go back, in six months remember why you left and eventually leave again. Then you'll have burned two bridges, one with your old job, and one with the current company 

Id go back if the money was better ( I like that 20% figure ) and id also need a more senior position, even if it's just a title change. 

You can always leave again, but I'm not a fan of turning down more money/promotion. 

I've left two jobs and went back to them after being asked. Both times it didn't take long before I remembered why I left. If you're happy, stay where you are. 

what's the story on leaving... did they try to keep you?

Nah fuck that, its  like getting back with an ex, yeah it's all good then you bust a nut..then you think to yourself 

What  the fuck am I doing back here

or do it..what the fuck do I know

Bukkaked by Bombers -

Nah fuck that, its  like getting back with an ex, yeah it's all good then you bust a nut..then you think to yourself 

What  the fuck am I doing back here

or do it..what the fuck do I know

Sounds like you know about getting back with an ex, busting a nut and wondering what the fuck you're doing back there. Words of wisdom. 

Would it be the same role you had before you left? what are you doing now? I know it's IT related....

which of the roles have more potential for growth?

You left for a reason.

Nitecrawler -

What say you, OG?

Don’t go back. You are correct. There is a reason you left. Don’t forget that. 

LiveWire -

20% increase over current salary or don't even consider it

That being said, should you choose not to return, don't burn any bridges - shit, in fact, don't even entertain the possibility of returning unless you're absolutely sure you'd go back for the right conditions, otherwise you'll look bad to both managers

I would say 30% minimum or fuck your mother. Plus a company car or some shit. Higher salary means higher taxes, so if you’re really thinking of doing it, make it worth it.