Old Man Tournaments

Well Alvis, I think you smell allright, but maybe you should just write a public email calling her out.

hahaha. j/k

you should host a women's open mat and get her there, then ask very, very, nicely. I think she'd roll w/you if you had a bunch of women there to train together, and happened to be there to make sure nothing bad happened.

p.s. - knowing Kit, you should have several reasons ready for why she should roll with you. in case she doesn't budge. :)

christy

LOL! I think you smell good too Christy (just don't tell Phil I said that :), he might try and triangle me extra hard!)

the open mat idea is a good one. I currently have 6 women in my adult BJJ class, and 14 girls in my kids BJJ class. I have more girls than boys in my kids class!

Dear Kit, come roll with me...let me count the ways...
we could start standing,

we could start on our knees,

we could start from in guard

LOL!

ttt for old men!

Alvis

Huh? I didn't realize I was turning down any chances to roll. But seeing that it has given me the chance to be courted this sweetly, it would seem that playing hard-to-get is a good strategy. You old men...you're such charmers. Roses are red, my gi is blue. Lets all go roll, then head out for some brew.

lol...see, jiu-jitsu brings people together. :)

ttt

I started doing BJJ at age 40, nearly 41. Almost always the oldest guy in my class, often by 10 or more years. I think younger guys respect an older guy for keeping active, in good shape, and (for a white belt) I have put a whoopin' on some young guys from time to time (as well as having had my ass handed to me on plenty of occasions). I expect to get my blue belt shortly from Rickson Gracie - I think there is something very satisfying and honorable about doing BJJ/grappling at this age. Glad to hear others are similarly involved during their mid-life years.

Sorry but I just spotted this thread so I'm jumping on
tail end. But I've wanted to try doing this and see
if we could make this work. It really sucks spending
$500 to $600 to fly down to California for a
tournament with a seniors bracket and find its one
deep.

What I would like to see would be something like
Chris Brennan does with his in house tournaments and
go round robin so if you're going to travel, you at
least get some decent mat time. Couple that with a
barbecue so us old farts could hang out together
and socialize afterwards, and it would be worth a
weekend trip for me.

Specifically set the minimum at least at 35 and hopefully 40. The young pups can always find their
peers locally at tournaments. I think it would be
really neat to have a dinosaur gathering at least
once a year.

I think I know a school down in bay area that might be
willing to host if we could guarantee a reasonable
turn out. Any takers?