Old stuff that was bigger/badder than modern stuff

The Swiss K31 is up there as far as one of my favorite bolt action rifles. They made them from 1931-1958. Better craftsmanship than you see on most new rifles.

It kinda sucks that old stuff that last a lot longer then new stuff that was supposed to be better made by the giant leaps and bounds in technology advancement has done nothing but give us expensive parking garages and watches that can answer your phone. The worst is we have supposedly advanced our level of technological and engineering genius but the basic architecture and design for structures has remained the same. I blame China and obama. Phone Post 3.0

Shit is cheaper now. Things are made more cheaply Not really better Phone Post 3.0

KDK1CallingKDK12 - Home stereos were as important as a refrigerator. Now we have pussy iPhone docks at best. Phone Post 3.0
Remember the multi component stereos with entire banks of equalizers? You'd pretend to be some world famous music producer moving those rows of little dials up and down, like it made a goddamn difference.

1993,1st day of sophomore year of college. I'm setting up my stereo in my dormroom. My grandfather had given me his old 1970s tuner. The thing was a powerhouse with a volume knob that went to 20 (fuck Spinal Tap and his shitty 11). I had just connected my new $300 speakers and was running some tunes through them when this POS freshman comes in, says "woooooah, this goes to 20," and buries the volume knob at 20.

Pop, pop! There go my new speakers.

I had to pulled off of him. Phone Post 3.0

DaveFu - Lawn Darts! Toys aren't fun unless they're deadly!
Fuck. That's a good one man. Phone Post 3.0

Mushroom Slap - Tonka trucks

Muscle cars

Action movie heros
My 16 month old boy is dead into cars these days.

Couple weeks ago I had the kids up to my mother and step-father's house for the first time since he could walk. The boy is charging all over the house, exploring. He wanders into the unfinished part of the basement and stops dead in his tracks. Swear to God he starts vibrating in excitement and probably has a little orgasm right in his huggies. In front of him was a big shelf of the combined Tonka truck collections of me, my brother and step-father. A wall of huge metal toy trucks.

Now he won't even touch any if his crappy plastic vehicles. Phone Post 3.0

oldnslow - 
KDK1CallingKDK12 - Home stereos were as important as a refrigerator. Now we have pussy iPhone docks at best. Phone Post 3.0
Remember the multi component stereos with entire banks of equalizers? You'd pretend to be some world famous music producer moving those rows of little dials up and down, like it made a goddamn difference.

1993,1st day of sophomore year of college. I'm setting up my stereo in my dormroom. My grandfather had given me his old 1970s tuner. The thing was a powerhouse with a volume knob that went to 20 (fuck Spinal Tap and his shitty 11). I had just connected my new $300 speakers and was running some tunes through them when this POS freshman comes in, says "woooooah, this goes to 20," and buries the volume knob at 20.

"Joel, do you hear something odd?
Something unpleasant?
A preponderance of bass, perhaps?
Is this the way I left the equalizer?
This is not a toy for you and your friends.
If you can't use it properly, you're not to use it at all.
My house, my rules."

toys.

everything cheap nowadays.

my 70's/80's toys lasted thru 2 more brothers.

Pig Bun -
oldnslow - 

"Joel, do you hear something odd?
Something unpleasant?
A preponderance of bass, perhaps?
Is this the way I left the equalizer?
This is not a toy for you and your friends.
If you can't use it properly, you're not to use it at all.
My house, my rules."
VU for awesome reference. Phone Post 3.0