Old timers UG

I was thinking the other day that an oldtimers (read longtime users) forum would be a cool idea.
What about limiting it to people who have been members of the UG for 5 or more years. As your join date got to five years you would be able to access the forum. I for one would love the chance to be able to discuss MMA with the same people I did years ago without having to wade through hundreds and hundreds of lame threads.

Flame away new members but I would like to see it.
I'm sure others would as well.

^^^
he's in for sure. JayRoc isn't though. Sorry.

^^^
see above for why I suggested this.

does anyone remember tim mousel's bjj forum in the mid 90's?

now that's ol' skool.

I thiought about that. Hard to know where to cut it off? Lot of former Mousel's users inlcuding me. I have a list somewhere of the first 300 to sign up. Not sure what qualifies?

Mousels was by mail though not the internet. Really slow reponse time.

Hey Kirik. My number was 409 so let's cut it off at 410.
lol.

You would just have to settle on a cut off date. You can't please everyone.
Personally I would love to see 2001 or earlier but 5 years seems reasonable.
That way you get new members and it isn't exclusive only to those who signed up prior to a specific date.
Most people who stick around for 5 yrs are here for the right reason.
It's kind of a reward for sticking around as opposed to an exclusive club for original members. (although I really like that concept as well)

Man Jayroc knows all the orignal members. Maybe we can let him in.

But what about people like me who have been coming here since the submissionfighting.com days,but had to change usernames because of lost passwords and updates through the years.

State of the game, that's why I suggested 5 years as opposed to an absolute cut off.
There will be some people that won't have access that originally joined prior to 5 years ago but you can't please everyone.
Unless Kirik has a record of their original join date but that's getting pretty technical.
You're good if it's 5 years anyways.

Stateofthegame - But what about people like me who have been coming here since the submissionfighting.com days,but had to change usernames because of lost passwords and updates through the years.

i'm in the same boat. mousel's forum on the internet was cool back in the day. skillrules, hawk, kirik ... lots of names come to mind.

i was registered with them so i'd be safe.

Its really gotten ridiculous to have to wade through the idiocy and know-nothing threads.

That would likely end the regular forum, because anyone who wanted to talk mma sensibly, but didn't join 5 years ago, would be drowned

jayroc, you have your email disabled.

I like this idea.

Less trolls and TUF NOOBs.

Where to cut it off? Anyone signed up on the year that TUF started or later is OUT.

sretchplum raises a fair point.

kinda elitist

power to the people!!

except most of the new people are fags, no offense.

5 years or just less tolerance for total dickheads who don't pay.