Old timers UG

How about prior to The Ultimate Fighter? That would be a great start right there!

The password shoud be "CalDog"

I was on submissionfighting.com back in like '97-'98 been here ever since!

try again Garv, I think I fixed it.

Sounds good, I'll second it.

is that mazzagatti? ^^^^^^^^^

This is the most smartest thing I have ever heard anyone say, ever.

Great idea.

Maybe make it like most "old boys clubs" with 2001 members only to start with an invitiation process for newcomers...

Idea sucks for LONG time lurkers though. 

"You can not judge a man by the color of his name, but by the content of his posts!"

Martin Luther Kirik

as a newer member I like the idea's principle but hate where it puts me...I'd prefer a poster ranking mechanism similar to the ebay buyer/seller ranking system. Let forum members decide who is worth listening to and who is not...and disable posting for people who don't meet a minimum threshold. A flexible strategy that allowed you to read only "5 star" or "4 &5 star" posters would help a new guy like me save time and, ranking warranted participate in decent conversations. If you do go with a membership date criteria, I'm in full support so long as I can still read the posts...I've been doing that here for much longer than I've been a member and have enjoyed it immensely and would still prefer this forum over others.

SH

^^^

Reason it is a great idea.

I agree with what you are saying about the importance of posts but take it easy. Don't mistake quantity with quality...people who watch the PPV's are contributing to the growth of the sport as much as anything else...watching and reading is a way of participating. Just because I come here to collect thoughts, find gear to buy, look for local events to attend and basically take information from here to share in person with friends doesn't mean that I don't contribute anything.

Damn, I wish I'd joined up sooner! I guess leaving it until I was 18 years old was too late, I'm such a newb... :-(

The idea sounds amusing, but it really isn't needed.

Yes, there's a lot of BS on here, but you'd pretty much have a  normal forum full of BS and the OG forum full of people bending over backwards to agree with everyone else and how their favorite B-level fighter is being disrespected.

I am in full agreement with the age limit. The only people bitching and carrying on are the ones I'd like to eliminate anyway. This place used to be for fight discussion, and its been downgraded into a bunch of ignorant twats talking shit to each other.

Please Kirik, old school forum. It will be the UG's UG. The idea is genius.

how about banning people more often, like anyone who creates a hundred polls in one day

How about the option of making threads that can only be posted to by members that have joined before a certain date? 

-jk

"how about banning people more often, like anyone who creates a hundred polls in one day "

Agreed.This is getting out of hand.