olfits for mma

Do mma athletes need to perform Olympic movements.? Most of my mma athletes do perform these movements (or derivative of ). At the same time they have good technique and I have spent a considerable amount of time coaching them on the movements. The benefits with Olifting can be quiet extensive, but do we have to perform the movements? No . In fact if technique is poor and movement emphasis arms more than posterior chain I would not advise the lifts. So as with everything do the lifts or not it depends

Btw a bunch of athletes have gotten more explosive without using these type movements

Final word if you can perform the movements and reaping rewards and remaining injury free incorporate olifts if not try something else

Coach hale
www.maxcondition.com

What did these other athletes do?

Nice to hear you coming around.

-doug-

variety of methods can be used - plyos, mb box squats, various resistance movements at 40-65% strength speed

coach hale
www.maxcondition.com

Do you guys think that the full lifts have any advantages over the power variations when training for MMA?

Power clean, push press, and power snatch are a lot easier to learn.

I'd agree that they aren't necessary.

-Gary

Do you guys think that the full lifts have any advantages over the power variations when training for MMA?

My personal opinion? No. Or at least not enough advantage to justify the effort. The full versions seem more about technique, which probably doesn't do much to help with MMA, IMO.

Power clean, push press, and power snatch are a lot easier to learn.

Yes, and add in overhead squats and it seems that you're doing most of what is involved in the full lifts, but without having to spend hours and hours drilling the fine details of the technique of the full lifts.

the techique of full lift is more complexwhen you factor in learning to take bar from floor to knees the time to learn the movement is generally enhanced

very rarely do i have athltetes toake bar from floor
why because the force prodcution from floor to kneee is relatviely low (slow to moderate pace)also most trainees have a problem with extending the hips to fast, floor to knee involves knee ext no hip ext (opposite of deadlift)

coach hale
www.maxcondition.com