OLYMPIANS ROUSEY AND FERGUSON FIGHT TONIGHT

Stepping in on short notice is South Carolina's John Richard (3-1 MMA, 0-0 SF), who now takes on former Olympic judoka Rhadi Ferguson (2-0 MMA, 0-0 SF) on the main card of the Showtime-televised event.

Tuff-N-Uff's Jan. 7 event features three bouts in the promotion's 145-pound, eight-woman tournament. Widely recognized as one of the sport's premier amateur fighting organizations, Tuff-N-Uff's tournaments continue to attract top talent from across the nation.Rousey, a bronze medalist in judo at the 2008 Beijing Games, is considered among the brightest female prospects in the nation. In semifinal action, she takes on 19-year-old Stratford, who has rattled off six-straight wins opening her amateur career in November 2009.

Taylor Stratford is the #1 ranked female amateur fighter at 145lbs. Has been fighting for just over a year. Not sure how she will hold up against the battle tested Rousey. Keep us posted. Thanks. Didn't know Rhadi wa still in the fight game. John Richards is normally a heavy weight and had to cut weight to 205/6.The guy is build like Jeff Monson. So Physically he will be a challenge for Rhadi. Not sure of skills.

Ferguson by wins with kneebar. Very nice must have sambo experience, lol.

Rousey wins in 24 seconds by armbar

Thanks Gary, sky is the limit for Rhonda. Never know in these amateur bouts how good they are. I just looked at the fighting experience and told me no way Rhonda would loose. Congrats for Rhadi.

this is the link for ronda's last fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SJAwb-eOOM&feature=player_embedded

Rousey is awesome. I am hoping she wins the Strikeforce championship by beating up that juice monkey.

Thanks for posting the video. Kosoto gake then immediately the arm bar. Her competitors have to understand that the armbar is instinctive from Rhonda's years of world class judo. As they are recovering from the throw they are vulnerable. Rhonda looks fit as ever and fighting at a lower weight for herself. Amazing to see Labell and Gokor in her corner. Wouldn't want to mess with those guys.

^I laughed when I saw Gene in her corner. Awesome!

Congrats to Rhadi and Rousey. Don't know what Rhadi's plans are for mma(ie: age/injuries vs. making a legitimate run at a pro career) but Ronda has all the potential in the world to make a name for herself. She ain't exactly hard to look at either, so I'm sure we'll be seeing another beauty vs. the cyborgian beast soon enough.

the only thing that would make that corner more awesome if Hal Sharp and if he was still alive John Ogden in her corner!