Olympic Wrestler Uses Kimura Gets DQed (Oldie)

Mark Schultz Disqualification in 1984 Olympics

Wait, I thought David Avellan invented the 'Kimura Trap'?!?

Are you trying to tell me that people who give positions a clever name, package it into a DVD, and sell it online DON'T ACTUALLY INVENT THE POSITION?

God help us all if you find a video of Dan Gable hitting the berimbolo in Munich.

Mind permanently blown.

haha

ChippewaBJJ - Wait, I thought David Avellan invented the 'Kimura Trap'?!?

Are you trying to tell me that people who give positions a clever name, package it into a DVD, and sell it online DON'T ACTUALLY INVENT THE POSITION?

God help us all if you find a video of Dan Gable hitting the berimbolo in Munich.

Mind permanently blown.
find me a document or video or anything saying that avellan said he invented it. youre purposely being a moron. the kimura trap is a system he put together and sold because it was a collection of techniques and positions that he found very effective. if you dont like it then don't buy it. Not every DvD that comes out has to completely invent a new technique that hasnt been seen before in the thousands of years of human martial arts history. Phone Post 3.0

Pretty sure he was joking around Phone Post 3.0

Owen & Bret Hart vs. Scott & Rick Steiner, WWE... by akim93

ChippewaBJJ - Wait, I thought David Avellan invented the 'Kimura Trap'?!?

Mind permanently blown.

Dan Gable might've used the Berimbolo, but Bret "The Hitman" Hart invented the Berimbolo in 1994. FACT.

fucking aye!!! lol^

daedalus12 - 
ChippewaBJJ - Wait, I thought David Avellan invented the 'Kimura Trap'?!?

Mind permanently blown.
find me a document or video or anything saying that avellan said he invented it. youre purposely being a moron. the kimura trap is a system he put together and sold because it was a collection of techniques and positions that he found very effective. if you dont like it then don't buy it. Not every DvD that comes out has to completely invent a new technique that hasnt been seen before in the thousands of years of human martial arts history. Phone Post 3.0

Dude, relax. I own six Ryan Hall DVDs, Keenan's worm guard DVD, and one or two others I can't remember.

I'm poking fun at the countless people you hear talking about how 'so-and-so INVENTED the (insert move here)'. Could be an Eddie Bravo cult member, or a Mendes cult member, or a TLI cult member, or anyone else. Usually it's not the guy selling the DVD who claims he invented it, but there's always some guy who gets sucked into the mantra and believes they did. Same as the people who think Helio Gracie invented leverage and the closed guard.

I hope 'youre' purposely being a moron with that reply because if you couldn't see the obvious joke, then I guess we all know who the real moron is here.

never seen ANYONE say that they think avellan invented the kimura. again, youre pulling shit out of your ass. find me someone that says that anywhere on the ENTIRE internet and I'll concede that your post wasnt completely stupid. Phone Post 3.0

you were clearly joking, I get that. But you were making fun of some imaginary person that doesnt exist. no one thinks that these people are inventing these techniques. in other words, youre attempting to insult imaginary people. Phone Post 3.0