OMA(tm) / Kimo v. 2.0

Vikings' website report citing Thomas' death was incorrect

Orlando Thomas

Carlos Gonzalez, Star Tribune

Orlando Thomas

Former Vikings safety Orlando Thomas is alive and still battling Lou Gehrig's Disease.

Last update: October 29, 2009 - 7:49 AM

I'm posting this in the right forum because, now that someone has done something worse, OMA should be allowed to post again.

From the article:

According to Bartelstein, Demetra said the misinformation began early Wednesday and snowballed throughout the day.

"SOMEONE PUT IT ON THEIR MYSPACE PAGE down in Crowley, La. [near Youngsville], and I guess THE LOCAL MEDIA RAN WITH IT or something," Bartelstein said. "You know how in today's world once rumors start, it spreads like wildfire. You know how people communicate nowadays. But it's totally false. He's sick, but he's good and and he's fighting the battle he fights every day."

LINK

jock ride much?

Here and there

I give lessons on Thursdays

BRINGBACKOMA!

In all seriousness

can someone give me a run down of the OMA situation? I get it, the whole Kimo being dead thing...but i want a serious analysis of it.

/analyze and interpret

OMA reports his death using a fictitious source from a fictitious gym, the thread explodes with sympathy and then it gets picked up by MMA websites and spreads. Then it's a bit foggy as to whether Kimo's people actually contacted TMZ or if TMZ ran with it on their own, but they officially "cofirmed" Kimo's death. This story was even more pathetic, as it started with some post on somebody's Myspace.

2JupitersTooMany - OMA reports his death using a fictitious source from a fictitious gym, the thread explodes with sympathy and then it gets picked up by MMA websites and spreads. Then it's a bit foggy as to whether Kimo's people actually contacted TMZ or if TMZ ran with it on their own, but they officially "cofirmed" Kimo's death. This story was even more pathetic, as it started with some post on somebody's Myspace.

Jersey Joe approves this message.

Until OMA(tm).

I don't seem to be OMA-banned anymore? THE RETURN OF GREG SOUTHWORTH!!!!

Welcome back, sailor

Bring Oh-mah back

OMA's was funny,Kimo dying of a drug overdse is very believable,but the Vikings thing is just sad.

ArtV - 2. Dos Jups dos mucho, you are a great poster, you need to come over to the OG.

I tried spending some extended time on the OG and, I'll be honest, it mostly just made me feel worse about life in general. That might sound stupid, and there are lots of hilarious people over there, but I spend time here to entertain myself, and not to talk about theism, politics and race. On the UG, I get to goof around, and the subject matter keeps things light for me.

I'm too neurotic to survive extended time on the OG. I check it out once in a while and I appreciate that it's packed with very good posters such as yourself, but I've mostly quarantined myself to the UG now, much to Kirkri's chagrin.

Hi Art! Hi 2Jups! I'M BACK N WORDS!!!!

Well hello again, Mr. Southworth.

snaps heels and sauters down the street with a cane