OMA (tm) reviews the MMA news sites

Im reviewing the MMA news sites for an article I am writing for FIGHT Magazine. I have covered all the major websites but figured i'd post the MMA.tv review here for you guys to enjoy.

-OMA (tm)

MMA.tv - Excellent money making scheme for its owner, South African Kirik Jenness. What once began as a website to advertise The Fighter's Notebook has now blossomed into a site that charges customers $30 a year to use basic HTML, visit certain sections of the forum, or search for threads. In addition, the Dungeons and Dragons role players who dominate the forum and live their lives online publicly pressure and ostracize those who do not have the colored screen name of one who spends the $30 to gain certain features. As some mma fans have remarked, a segregated color based system like this has not been seen since the apartheid days of South Africa.

Various con men and swindlers have lined up to sponsor MMA.tv in return for Kirik's public support, with both parties splitting the profits. An older example involves the hilarious KTFO incident.

The forum itself is dominated by social rejects and nerds numbering in the thousands. Rapists, child-molesters, murderers, homosexuals, internet perverts, stalkers and various other con men and convicted criminals are accepted as normal people on mma.tv, with several of them holding moderator positions at mma.tv.

Also, most 'normal' members claim they are from some sort of inner city background and are incredibly athletic, tough, and intelligent. However, whenever photos of forum get-togethers are posted, particularly on the off topic sub-section devoted to in-depth homoerotic discussion and flirtation known as the Otherground, the same forum members are exposed as overweight dorks and social rejects, matching countless physical and social characteristics of Star Trek convention attendees. The only physical danger one would be in is if they blocked an OGer's access to the buffet line minutes before closing time.

In addition, the number of forum moderators there run almost as high as the total forum member count, with countless instances of cowardly moderators running off fighters for not showing proper internet nerd forum etiquette, all the while staying anonymous. Recently a scandal emerged where several forum moderators sent naked photos of themselves to escaped mental patient Demoness.

Finally, the best aspect of MMA.tv is without a doubt the green colored screenname, indicating that the person has had a professional cagefight. While it may seem impressive to the uninitiated at first, further examination will reveal that most of the green namers have horribly lopsided losing records in small time events. If they have even had more than one or two fights, they are usually almost all losses against scrubs. These D-level fighters routinely call out A-level fighters, talk themselves up, challenge one another, criticize the strategy and technique of world class fighters, and make emotional retirement threads, but only impact the forum itself and no one of importance. However, D-level scrubs such as Chris Brennan, 'Barnoneguerra', Dan 'The Wolfman' Theodore, 'grapplegirl', Phil Baroni, and Reggie 'Shannon The Cannon's Bitch' Cardiel are held up as some sort of fighting gods on the forum and treated as if they were in fact A-level fighters, leading to even more delusional behavior from the scrubs in question.  

If you have no life and want to spend it with people like yourself MMA.tv is the place to be. They do have the best forums in the game. (if you like that sort of thing)

2 Likes

nice!

OMA(tm)- Please tell me where I should go.
you are all knowing.

Still want to purchaase you midwest champ belt from you. send me a message if you are interested

How much would you like to spend???

FIGHT Magazine Dec issue

OMA (tm) -  How much would you like to spend???

Well of course it is priceless, just like the mona lisa, but give me a number to start with

redecorating my basement and I think it would go perfrect next to my velvet painting of hulk hogan

LOL at the D-Level scrub analysis.

(tears up) Thank ya for say'in what needed to be said!

It's STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Wait a minute...thread title says OMA reviews MMA web sites,  where are the rest?

OMA (tm) - 
The forum itself is dominated by social rejects and nerds numbering in the thousands. Rapists, child-molesters, murderers, homosexuals, internet perverts, stalkers and various other con men and convicted criminals are accepted as normal people on mma.tv, with several of them holding moderator positions at mma.tv.

You made the moderator position sound like the inmate in prison who works his way up to the title of librarian assistant and hands out books from that cart like in Shawshank

What... I am 7-0 (if you count my 1 pancrase fight....And I DO!!!) 

OR DO I?????????????

I DO!!!!!

ODI??????????

ID!!!!

OMA approves of this thread.

/thread

OMA sounds mad. I've never heard him like this before.

lol ttt for oma

Where does Fightsport rank? Anything less that #1 would be a travesty of journalism.

I didn't know you were articulate too oma.

Dirt McGirt - Where does Fightsport rank? Anything less that #1 would be a travesty of journalism.

Fightsport IS my NUMBER 1!!!!!

Fightsport.com - The lone voice of the MMA media that is not currently bought off with press passes and UFC trading cards by the heavy-handed Zuffa regime. Contains several exclusive and original reporters who often break stories that might otherwise be covered up by the rest of the MMA media, such as the Tim Sylvia steroid scandal or the Z-Files.

Much like the news blog, the forum itself is a refreshing change of free speech pace, where criticizing the actions of Zuffa does not automatically earn censorship. As a result, UFC President Dana White was run off the forum in humiliation after first denying he had ever taught a cardio boxing class and egging the forum on to provide the photo and story, and then leaving the forum and claiming he was banned after the photo and story was provided.

Dana White, along with the rest of the MMA media who hate being scooped by a site they have tried to discredit, despises Fightsport.com for many reasons, but chief among them is Dana's desire to hold power over all the major MMA media sites, thereby creating a media monopoly he can control. Unfortunately, Fightsport.com has ruined his plans and publicized his many blunders, making life far more difficult for the ageless former Boxercise instructor and current UFC CEO who is 'built like a fighter'. 

For the latest, the most accurate, and God's honest truth on all things MMA........ Fightsport.com is THEE ONLY website you need bookmarked

OR IS IT??????????????

-OMA (tm)

TTT!

Well....that'll save having to pick up the December issue of Fight! to read it:)

OMA (tm) -  FIGHT Magazine Dec issue

lofnl

mention me

This thread is MENTOS