OMG Breaking News!!!!!

"Buying a home is now twice as affordable as renting

The American Dream of owning a home just got more affordable, but that’s partly because the average American now spends nearly 30% of their income on rent."------

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/buying-a-home-is-now-twice-as-affordable-as-renting-2014-12-11

Not if you are purchasing a LUXURY townhome though. Those cost money, more than renting.

Karasu - you should do an AMA. I think we all have a ton of questions for you. Phone Post 3.0

Luckily I party semi-regularly with top international DJ's so I obviously have the money I could ever want for a nice home which we can bring hot women to for afterparties. 

Yossarian - Karasu - you should do an AMA. I think we all have a ton of questions for you. Phone Post 3.0

"it's a TRAP"

I want to see a picture of karasu. I picture him looking something like this:

Well I spend 12% of my income on rent so does that mean buying a house is twice as expensive? Phone Post 3.0

...and losing a home is...?

We already went through this...see 2008-2014.

Only a few months ago, the same person that wrote that article had this to say about home owners.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/over-50-of-americans-struggle-with-home-affordability-2014-06-03

FerrisWheeler - ...and losing a home is...?

Only a few months ago, the same person that wrote that article had this to say about home owners.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/over-50-of-americans-struggle-with-home-affordability-2014-06-03

from that article link you just shared:

"As the housing market slowly recovers, a majority of renters are finding it hard to meet rising rents"------

and losing a home is...?--------which means you will RENT...same as if you did not buy a home and you will STILL have to pay each month.....BUT......if you BUY a HOUSE, then there is the chance in 15year or LESS it could be PAID-IN-FULL.....then you NEVER have to worry again for how each month you are going to pay for shelter ;)

OutTapped - Well I spend 12% of my income on rent so does that mean buying a house is twice as expensive? Phone Post 3.0

it means that in 10 years you will spend MUCH more because RENT will increase......

so you should lock in HISTORIC LOW rate NOW, buy a house....then 15years later or less you do not have to pay HIGHER RENTS and feel like a BIG WIN :)

Phuckles - 

I want to see a picture of karasu. I picture him looking something like this:

lol spot on.

except in NYC. where its cheaper to rent than own.

karasu -
OutTapped - Well I spend 12% of my income on rent so does that mean buying a house is twice as expensive? Phone Post 3.0

it means that in 10 years you will spend MUCH more because RENT will increase......

so you should lock in HISTORIC LOW rate NOW, buy a house....then 15years later or less you do not have to pay HIGHER RENTS and feel like a BIG WIN :)
But my income also increases so with rent increase and salary increase is still pay the same percentage. That's how it's worked for the last 15 years. I also have the freedom to change address unless you're tsl I ng about buying a trailer home then I hues I could change addresses that way. Phone Post 3.0

OutTapped - 
karasu -

But my income also increases so with rent increase and salary increase is still pay the same percentage. That's how it's worked for the last 15 years. I also have the freedom to change address unless you're tsl I ng about buying a trailer home then I hues I could change addresses that way. Phone Post 3.0

and FREEDOM to lose your Job......develop injury/illness......and with a house PAID-IN-FULL you have AMERICAN DREAM SECURITY!

Half of Americans can’t afford their house

As the housing market slowly recovers, a majority of homeowners and renters are finding it hard to meet rising rents and mortgage payments, new research finds.

Over half of Americans (52%) have had to make at least one major sacrifice in order to cover their rent or mortgage over the last three years, according to the “How Housing Matters Survey,” which was commissioned by the nonprofit John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and carried out by Hart Research Associates. These sacrifices include getting a second job, deferring saving for retirement, cutting back on health care, running up credit card debt, or even moving to a less safe neighborhood or one with worse schools.

The problem is that if you don't have $60,000 for adown payment, you're not getting a home. So people have no choice but to pay for rent instead

Jack Carter - 

Half of Americans can’t afford their house

As the housing market slowly recovers, a majority of homeowners and renters are finding it hard to meet rising rents and mortgage payments, new research finds.

Over half of Americans (52%) have had to make at least one major sacrifice in order to cover their rent or mortgage over the last three years, according to the “How Housing Matters Survey,” which was commissioned by the nonprofit John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and carried out by Hart Research Associates. These sacrifices include getting a second job, deferring saving for retirement, cutting back on health care, running up credit card debt, or even moving to a less safe neighborhood or one with worse schools.

from the article:

"As the housing market slowly recovers, a majority of RENTERS are finding it hard to meet rising RENTS......."

karasu -
OutTapped - 
karasu -

and FREEDOM to lose your Job......develop injury/illness......and with a house PAID-IN-FULL you have AMERICAN DREAM SECURITY!
Lose my job and the bank foreclose on my home? That doesn't sound like a big win. Phone Post 3.0

OutTapped - 
karasu -
OutTapped - 
karasu -

Lose my job and the bank foreclose on my home? That doesn't sound like a big win. Phone Post 3.0

either way you RENT......but buy the house and you are able to PAID-IN-FULL......then FREE MAN BIG WIN!

karasu - 

from that article link you just shared:

"As the housing market slowly recovers, a majority of renters are finding it hard to meet rising rents"------

and losing a home is...?--------which means you will RENT...same as if you did not buy a home and you will STILL have to pay each month.....BUT......if you BUY a HOUSE, then there is the chance in 15year or LESS it could be PAID-IN-FULL.....then you NEVER have to worry again for how each month you are going to pay for shelter ;)

THEREFORE, you have no MORE payments when YOU are a house owner. SEE?!

You bring up decent topics, where you err is by trying to form an opinion on your own topics.