OMG - Supremacy MMA (Video Game)

This is going to set mma back a couple years....I was just shaking my head while watching this video.

ghetto vale tudo gangsta MMA

hahahahaha

As far as teasers go, its a .5 out of 5

The reason they are not showing anything is because it sucks.

negative publicity for the sport

ttt

looks fun as hell!

What you need to know:

* I was given a hands-off demo of a very early version of the game.
* Arenas will vary wildly, ranging from professional octagon rings to dirty, decrepit bars, complete with unstable handmade caged rings and unsavory patrons engaging in all sorts of illicit activities.
* Combat is faster than any MMA game I've seen before. Limbs seem to "whip" just a little when a fighter strikes, giving every blow a nasty-looking connection when it lands.
* When a fighter is knocked out a quick vignette overlays the action, showing an x-ray of the damage inflicted.
* In Supremacy MMA, the winning fighter will be the one with the most skill, timing, and strategy. To that end, there are no strength, stamina, or agility stats -- character progression will be, "something else; something different."
* The game runs at a constant 60 frames per second.
* PlayStation 3 is Supremacy's lead platform, but Kung Fu Factory is aiming for a multiplatform release.
* Kung Fu Factory owns the license, giving them complete creative control of every aspect of the game's brutal action.
* The team -- and thus, the game -- is driven by authenticity to the spirit of the sport.
* Currently, the only fighting styles announced are Mauy Thai and Karate. I was teased with the notion that Kung Fu Factory is considering a variety of different, and unexpected, fighting styles.
* When asked about what ESRB rating they were shooting for, Kung Fu Factory co-founder Ricci Rukaavina said, "Mature, and proud of it."

Took this from GAMEPRO.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/215611/e3-2010-supremacy-mma-preview/

I am hoping they add wrestling w/ shitty boxing, but I think I have the best boxing in the world style

Its like a mix of EA MMA and Bloodsport

So fighters fight wolves, cobras? I'm confused?

Jesus you guys act like NFL Blitz killed the NFL.

Beeno - Jesus you guys act like NFL Blitz killed the NFL.

yeah because football is still illegal in NY. How is that even a comparison. If this was called underground combat, fine, but they use mixed martial arts which is a sport.

That trailer looks hokey as all hell. I'd be embarrassed to have my name attached to that garbage in any way! Looks like Kung Fu Factory is trying to cash in on what they see as a fad.

Dokkalfar - 
Beeno - Jesus you guys act like NFL Blitz killed the NFL.

yeah because football is still illegal in NY. How is that even a comparison. If this was called underground combat, fine, but they use mixed martial arts which is a sport.

'twas a joke?

Nobody can take this thing seriously. Even if it makes it this game will sell 1000 copies and disappear. It'll be like that State of Emergency game, all hype, then utter shit.

wtf is state of emergency? It is better then the ER game for the wii. lol

That vid looked like a live action tapout t-shirt.

State of Emergency was the next game from Rockstar after GTA3. The preorders were sold out. Game was a piece of crap but Rockstar had everyone hyped into thinking it was GTA4.
As far as this game, an article I read on it said that Kung Fu Factory had worked on the Dreamcast UFC so they understand all of MMA video games, etc. Unless it drops at like $20, no one is touching this thing. Undisputed 2010 sales were way off from 2009, and with EA MMA on the way. Also, these teaser videos are nothing. There was no gameplay footage whatsoever. They will use this to get investors to buy into the project on the "edgieness" alone. Poor chumps.

This shit was terrible. I shook my head all throughout the vid. I'll support anything MMA related, but this is def not a game I would even want in my console, much less talk about it.

maggot13 - What you need to know:

* I was given a hands-off demo of a very early version of the game.
* Arenas will vary wildly, ranging from professional octagon rings to dirty, decrepit bars, complete with unstable handmade caged rings and unsavory patrons engaging in all sorts of illicit activities.
* Combat is faster than any MMA game I've seen before. Limbs seem to "whip" just a little when a fighter strikes, giving every blow a nasty-looking connection when it lands.
* When a fighter is knocked out a quick vignette overlays the action, showing an x-ray of the damage inflicted.
* In Supremacy MMA, the winning fighter will be the one with the most skill, timing, and strategy. To that end, there are no strength, stamina, or agility stats -- character progression will be, "something else; something different."
* The game runs at a constant 60 frames per second.
* PlayStation 3 is Supremacy's lead platform, but Kung Fu Factory is aiming for a multiplatform release.
* Kung Fu Factory owns the license, giving them complete creative control of every aspect of the game's brutal action.
* The team -- and thus, the game -- is driven by authenticity to the spirit of the sport.
* Currently, the only fighting styles announced are Mauy Thai and Karate. I was teased with the notion that Kung Fu Factory is considering a variety of different, and unexpected, fighting styles.
* When asked about what ESRB rating they were shooting for, Kung Fu Factory co-founder Ricci Rukaavina said, "Mature, and proud of it."

Took this from GAMEPRO.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/215611/e3-2010-supremacy-mma-preview/

Looks like fun. So the styles are only MT and Karate? The add said submit?

Also what is the level of customization? Can you create your own characters?