OMG @ this choke!

No lie...one of JJM's guys put me to sleep with that in a NO-GI tournament back in '01 or '02. I didn't even realize I was choking until it was too late.

I have seen that done before a few times, that choke is sick, everyone trys to escape and if it is deep they sleep.

our youngest assistant instructor did this choke to me like 2 years ago.

he must of been like 19 tops back then.

he went for it and i thought "wtf is this bullshit?" because he gave up his back and i thought i was going to take one of his arms.

next thing i know im tapping.

lol I did this on wed night while starting from the knees.

Dont worry I would not tell him how to do it or how to defend I just lol at him and said " SOrry Brown belts and above only"

can you guys edit/delete your posts please

the last thing we need is pictures or videos of this choke. lets just not talk about it anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPL03I55YiE

Cool judo sketches. But I wonder why we found it live in 3 BJJ tourneys?

John

Edited for typo.

Lol@ the BJJ'ers who STILL can't admit that some things they've learned came from Judo.

Anyone have a mechanical breakdown of this choke?

the reason it isnt popular in judo is becuase in the process of doing it from standing you can be thrown flat onto your back for ippon and/or be called for attempting to throw your opponent while applying a strangle (which is a DQ).

it does happen in judo from newaza, but youve got to be damn brave beacause if you get stuck then you are pinned and giving up a potential ippon.