OMG WTF with UFC ticket prices??

I think I have attended my last UFC. I am not paying $100 per ticket to sit in the nosebleed section. I will stick to events with a more affordable price!

It is sad that the fighters are not paid better given the fact that they are selling out shows at these prices.

I guess they are charging what the market will bear, and paying fighters only what they have to. Oh well. As long as they continue to sell out at these prices, they are going to charge that much. I will not pay it, but unfortantely, someone else will!

Whatever, like you could spot a lot of boxing journeymen ringside at DLH/Mayorga?

chris and locust WRONG!!!
there are many top level boxing events that dont cost that much to go see. not to mention, many of these fights are nowhere close to being "headliners."
now, while im very financially stable and could afford these ticket prices, and i have been to many ufc's, i still like to "not" get raped by zuffa and dont think the rest of you should either. --we all want it mainstream, but i can assure you that you dont need these types of prices to make it mainstream.. i think it pretty much already is with the ultimate fighter, which was a smart move.

you dont see NFL and NBA games charging that much unless its in the finals and its always marked up by the ticket companies, not the box office. i have 2 6th row season tickets for houston rockets and it cost me $7400 for an entire season.. that is $85 a ticket, although there are some that are $500 that are bought by many corporations. with this, i also receive many perks, invitations, gifts, dinners, etc...

to sum it up..

1.pay the fighters more if youre going to charge more

2.give us some big entrances like you used to do, at least for what we pay for.. its great for the crowd

3.come down on the prices.. there is no reason a rows 1-10 should be over $500... thats insane and of course everything should "tier" down from there.

zuffa, dont bite the hands that have fed you to get you to where you are now.. you know the funny part about this, most of UFC fighters based on what you pay them, couldnt even afford to come see their own event without being part of the show.. not funny, its a shame!

Most pro sports make a hell of a lot more from TV and merchandise than they do from tickets. If UFC gets off of PPV and onto cable or HBO, ticket prices may come down as the number of events starts to go up.

"I spotted Mayorga inside the ring."

LOL, touche.

"there are many top level boxing events that dont cost that much to go see."

Not really. There's a local boxing show at the Manhattan Center this Friday that I was considering going to. It's at a very small venue (capacity 1,200) and features all local fighters against mostly overmatched opponents. Ringside seats are $150, and the cheapest tickets are $40 and are standing room only. If such a low-level show is that much, just imagine how much it costs to go to the average PPV or HBO card.

so how have they survived and done so well before? are u saying they are raising ticket prices to offset what they dont make on tv and low end merchandise sales compared to a pro team? if so, that would be a wrong answer.

not to mention, it could also be looked at the other way.. shouldnt they lower their prices to get more people in and become more interested to increase chances of it being on national television? works both ways, so i see the main cause being greed and pushing the limits of the cost. its the staples center, so they will see what "big dogs" will come and pay to play!!

hey chris, youre only words are tank abbot!!!

now youre really a moron!!!!

1."Since when does worker pay directly correllate to employee pay. Do you think all the gas station workers get pay raises when the gas prices go up? When ticket prices go down do you expect fighters to take a pay cut?"

hmmm gas station workers, mechanics, and real estate agents dont sell out 18000 seat venues in vegas and cali and do 300,000ppv orders. stupid analogy!! nor do they make career ending risk to entertain thousands of fans

2."LOL @ all the business expertds on here. If you guys are so smart and know more than Dana then why is he running the UFC and you're sitting on the internet running your mouths? Were are your events?"

i do own businesses and have 13 current locations and will be at 20 in 2.5 yrs.

3."dont have two nickels to rub together"?? youre right.. i rub ben franklins together all day!! just because i dont like getting bent over, doesnt mean im cheap

4."Lame waste of money. I go for fights not fireworks exhibits. Besides, you have no idea how much those fireworks really cost."

not a waste!! i go for the fights too.. most fighters i know and train with loved the big entrances and it got them pumped up for the fight. and yes i do know how much it cost because i talked to keith evans from the ufc and they had to do 2 test runs for the fire marshall and it cost about $5000.. its fuking vegas dude, thats nothing.. it was a matter of them wanting to put seats there instead of a runway!!!

1. "All the fighters could afford seats if I can and I don't need to sit in the best seats."

yeah they can afford seats if they win and they can hopefully afford a decent pair of binoculars as well when they start watching from the nosebleed section with you..

1. "And 2K/2K isn't all that bad." yeah if you lose you get $2000 minus taxes, which come to $1200 minus expenses and training cost, which come to nothing... yeah its not bad if youre broke as a joke. also its not bad if you fight about 20x a year for the same amount. also its not bad if you dont get inujured badly or busted up for 2 weeks. yeah $2000 looks real sweet right about not doesnt it chris??? oops i meant $1200..

7."Did you make more than minimum wage when you started at McDonalds?"
only one time cause she tipped me and thats when i was sticking my big mac in your sisters filet o' fish....

Date: 05/14/06 12:41 PM
124 Total Posts Ignore User

You hypocrites wanted MMA to be big like boxing, but don't want the associated price increase.
STFU and go back to trading your tapes and downloading events since you cheap pricks don't buy tickets anyway.

no. you shut the fuck up. no "regular guy" can afford that shit. asshole.

I hate the high prices, but its a free market, and the prices are determined by what the market will bear. UFC prices will stop going up when people stop buying them. Simple supply and demand. UFC 60 will be my last one. I just cant miss Royces come back beating. It will be bitter sweet.

dont expect a beating!!!!