Omigawa is going to own the UFC 145 division

Just saying....

He has a way of making great wrestlers look bad. A way of making powerful strikers go to sleep with his head movement and straight punches. Has an unorthodox submission game that throws guys off. He also has a hell of a chin.

He's always looked good at 155 in the UFC regardless of the decision defeats, he'll be a beast at 145. Look out Aldo, Omigawa's coming for ya!

But then again...I'm just saying.

Lush Rimbaugh - He's the best fighter with the worst record.

I thought that was BJ Penn

omigawa is very very underrated.....
Cant wait to see him fight in the ufc !

Aldo look out ? Na but like said before, looking forward to seeing him in the ufc. Phone Post

Omigawa was an A-level judo player about 7-8 years ago. He is a real athlete. He is a bit on the old side now, 35+, but is still very good.

Omigawa used to compete in Judo in exactly 66kg (145lbs), so this weight class is just perfect for him. Omigawa used to have good newaza when he was competing in Judo and it shows in his MMA matches.

Not many people will be able to dominate him. The only place I see where he may have problems is speed (due to age), getting outstruck on the feet.

LOL! Sandro dominated him! That was a true case of legit robbery, dam!

I cant believe Omigawa got that decision. Does Sengoku do the ten point must, did i hear the scores right 30-29 or something?

The Hioki fight was pretty close though and lots of people said Hioki got robbed but its debatable imo.

Hioki was able to take Omi down and Omi was not able to take down Sandro until like the last 20 seconds of R3. I realized he took out Takaya and tapped Escovedo and Takaya does have a pretty good record and just avenged his loss to Bibiano but im not convinced Omi will do THAT well in the UFC this time esp since he was matched up with a top guy off the bat.

I dont think he cant win but "own" the div? Not even close to showing that kind of game yet.

just watched mendes/javi and swanson and not impressed. LNP gets thrown around a lot but thats basically what he did in those 2 bouts. omigawa's td ability and defense has to be a level up from those 2 but mendes shoots are explosive. how is omi's guard or ability to get back up?

omi's brawling winging style may get him taken down and laid on.

I definitely see Omigawa pulling some big wins in UFC's FW division and I'm looking forward to it....he's not beating Aldo though, don't be silly. Phone Post

It all hinges on his ablity to counter Wrestling with his judo and whether or not he is training in a cage. He has the tools I think, its just a matter of whether he is properly prepared. But right now I would not go so far as to say he could beat Aldo, though he has already shocked the world several times over with his huge upsets.

I doubt it. Mendes will lay on him for 3 rounds and end the hype.

Code 206 - It all hinges on his ablity to counter Wrestling with his judo and whether or not he is training in a cage. He has the tools I think, its just a matter of whether he is properly prepared. But right now I would not go so far as to say he could beat Aldo, though he has already shocked the world several times over with his huge upsets.

You are a rare beast for being a 10er and also being able to not troll/jockride/hate in a discussion of UFC and JMMA fighters.

I agree.

Though im still not too impressed with this striking tech and the fact that Hioki took him down, he did get back up from Hioki numerous times (id say Hioki's BJJ is better than most of the UFC FW guys but def not wrestling).

In the Hioki fight as well, he could have been taken down off guard since they were striking most of the time. Still, thats no excuse, a td is a td.

While im not impressed with Mendes at all (against Javi, Swanson), this could very well be a fact that Omi will be legit LNPed upon. The only problem is that the judges nor most UFC fans can understand this.

In Mendes vs Javi, not entirely but in large parts of the ground action, it was Javi was more active and offensive from his back where Mendes rarely released his pinning grips. Omi has better td ability/defense than Javi and Swanson but will it be enough?

He has a very tough first fight in Mendes.

brotha lynch hung - omigawa vs sandro was a draw and they gave a must decision to omigawa.

Ah. yeah, i watched a korean version but seemed like the call was score for Sandro then 2 30-30 scores but must calls for Omigawa?

Either way, no way was it even a draw. That was legit robbery imo. Omi/Hioki was close.

EckY -  He has a very tough first fight in Mendes.

The judges and TUFers will have an even tougher challenge in understanding the ground action.

...until Hioki gets signed...

I don't see anyone that's lost a decision to the korean zombie beating Aldo, although stranger things have happened.

Al Machine - I don't see anyone that's lost a decision to the korean zombie beating Aldo, although stranger things have happened.

I dont see anyone that's been submitted by Ryo Chonan and Daiku Takase....

On the serious, Omi aint gonna beat Aldo but he could still be a leigt force in the div, def aint gonna own it though lol when he doesnt even own it in japan.