On Old-timers

I've been studying old timer wrestlers and boxers. Interestingly, from what I've found, they had incredibly varried routines. They did use the heavy BB/DB/KB we all know that they used, but they also reccomended deep breathing exercises, stretching (dynamic and static), calisthetics, hand balancing (balancing and performing tricks on one's hand(s)), muscle control (moving a small group or only one muscle at a time), cable training, odd object lifting and throwing, grip training, training supporting muscle and "bone muscle" (not sure what the refrence is to), climbing, diet and care for skin, eyes, hair, teeth, stomach and cold water therapy. Seems in the 1920s westerners really knew about training and somewhere it got lost. These old timers could really teach us a few things.

MS

Scott, two questions.

1. Can you guess at the difference between supporting muscle and "bone" muscle. I don't know what the refrence is to.

2. I have yet to find any training schduele that includes the complete training regieme, most only followed 3 or 4 parts of it but they generally mentionned that all of this is available. So I'm wondering, how does one train/cycle/use all these different parts, without over training and still leaving enough in you to train in your respective combat system and/or live life.

It just occured to me, this is on some level a continuation of a thought I had a while back. Remember the thread about 3 weeks ago when I asked what exercise involves everything (the benefits of the above list) and you told me I had to try everything since no one exercise holds the key. Seems I took it to heart and went to find out what "everything" was.

MS

I understand- when I get a bit more money (living in Canada, as a student with the awful conversion rate, its hard to come by) I plan on getting down to a seminar. If you ever host one up here or decide to make the Canadian dollar equivalent to the Americain for a day, let me know and I'll be on a plane.