On One Condition , BMF Title Fight , Claims Masvidal

Few things in the UFC are sillier than the Baddest Motherfucker (BMF) belt. The novelty hardware, which started as a meme, was given to Jorge Masvidal after he beat Nate Diaz by TKO (cut) at UFC 244 in 2019.

It seems as though Masvidal thinks the title is real. And that he hasnā€™t lost it, despite his last three contests ending in defeat.

Gamebred recently appeared on the Blockparty podcast, where he was asked if he would put his ā€˜titleā€™ on the line versus a returning Conor McGregor.

Masvidal said he would be happy, too. But not for free.
ā€œIā€™d bring out the BMF belt only for a bad motherfucker and some cash money,ā€ reasoned Masvidal (ht Sportskeeda). ā€œYou a bad motherfucker and you got some money? Letā€™s put some money. Letā€™s get a little escrow going, you know? I put a couple million aside, you put a couple million aside, and it comes with the belt. Itā€™s a cherry on top. Thatā€™s what a bad motherfucker would do is get this money. So itā€™s there, you know, but it has to be right, under my stipulations and with that belt, Iā€™m like a fucking tyrant.ā€
Masvidalā€™s win over Diaz came on the heels of his 5-second flying knee KO of Ben Askren. Prior to that Masvidal KOā€™d Darren Till. Before these impressive wins Masvidal was an inconsistent midcarder, albeit with a number of wins over recognizable talent.

After beating Diaz, Masvidal found himself in the right place at the right time to take on Kamaru Usman for the UFC welterweight title. That fight happened at the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic after the previously announced title challenger Leon Edwards was grounded in the UK.
Masvidal lost a unanimous decision to Usman and then sat out nearly a year before being given a second shot against ā€˜The Nigerian Nightmareā€™. That fight, at UFC 261, ended in a KO loss.

In March Masvidal lost a unanimous decision to Colby Covington. Masvidal is accused of ambushing and sucker-punching Covington outside a Miami restaurant in the weeks following the fight. Masvidal was charged with felony assault over that alleged incident.

McGregor has been out of action for a year after he suffered a broken leg in a TKO loss to Dustin Poirier. The Irishman appears fully healed and it is speculated to return later this year. Among his rumoured comeback fight opponents are Masvidal, Michael Chandler and Charles Oliveira.

What a wise young man George has proven himself to be.

6 Likes

Jorge better dodge his three felony charges first.

4 Likes

I couldnā€™t imagine too many people being interested in that novelty belt. What a dumb idea that was.

3 Likes

Head movement, head movement!!!

1 Like

If he actually has a couple million he should be putting it aside for lawyers and Colby.

Maybe a little for prison commissary if thereā€™s any left.

7 Likes

Greasy George is chirping a lot lately.
He mustā€™ve got a bill from his lawyer.
Conorā€™d be crazy to fight Masvidal.
He needs a Siver type opponent again.
limited power, mostly stand up and no takedowns.

5 Likes

Fuckinā€¦

Like your styleā€¦

1 Like

He shouldā€™ve asked for the fight in Miami to ensure the Cocaine overdose.

3 Likes

2 Likes

this this

3 Likes

Heā€™s literally gotten knocked out cold by a wrestler since winning that fake belt, yet he still has the nerve to tote that thing around like itā€™s worth more than a cracker jack box at this point. Shit, Colby will probably get that in the lawsuit as well.

9 Likes

lol

1 Like

I like Jorge but heā€™s been insufferable lately. And milking this BMF shit for as long as he can. He should be thanking Nate Diaz every single day for making his career.

9 Likes

Horrible case of self entitlement.

3 Likes

Imagine how shitty his wife and kids feel seeing all this? God I hope Colby bailed them outā€¦

5 Likes

I think he knows how much he fucked up playing his street games and has been talking nervously since like a child thinking if he says enough people will forget and it will all pass.

4 Likes