on Sherdog, Boxing, Delusions, and Gym Secrets

ok so in that troll sherdog mod post about the extortion, someone linked to this pretty amazing log of a guy who trains at Top Rank boxing gym in Vegas with some amazing fighters and trainers like Chad Dawson and Floyd and Roger Mayweather.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/sinister-tale-fisticuffs-607404/

its 206 pages and a really good read. my question is, how did this guy get into a pro boxing gym like Top Rank and stay there for over 2 years without ever fighting? is he bullshitting? but more importantly, how did he get away with giving away TONS of information about sparring sessions? isn't that a huge huge breach of etiquette to be talking about what happens in sparring, especially when it comes to big name pros and up and coming prospects in a money sport like boxing?

the thread goes 206 pages and 2 years but the guy never fights. i know its sherdog and everyone hates sherdog but the thread is an amazing mix of insider boxing stuff and chimono kind of bs. i spent way too much time reading through it last night.

random pic and quote

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/LiuJin/LiuNMike.jpg

As of this moment Mike feels I'm nearing being ready to fight for money. I get the impression he wants me just a bit more loose, and a bit more busy. But he's said quietly to me "you can fight Pro now." Just biding my time until something is booked, sharpening myself bit by bit, and carefully, because as of this past week I really understand now that there's eyes on me. I'm not used to that. I've survived this long because I'm used to fighting, and to getting my ass kicked. But I'm not used to the publicity of the Sport of Boxing. I wasn't used to the fraternal aspect of being part of a Gym like this, was always more of a lone wolf. It's at the point now where I have to be careful whom I let see me at my best even in the Gym. Where my trainer is holding me back on purpose in certain instances because he doesn't want anyone knowing what all I'm capable of.

It must be nice to have so much skill that you have to hide it from others at times.

ttt for something interesting

dson - ttt for something interesting

I could have said the same thing for your opening posts.

Looks like an interesting blog. For later.

bradolson - It must be nice to have so much skill that you have to hide it from others at times.

It is.

sinister is a douche. He honestly must really suck if he has been training in a top gym for that long and not one fight. Did you see his sparing vid(s)? Weak shit. My 10 yr old has better skills.

To be honest Shitdog is actually a good site, but the forums are pretty crap. Since I made a new account here I haven't been back there other than following a link here and there.

Look at his sparring vids against another beginner: http://www.youtube.com/liujin

You would think someone who does nothing but post about how good he is, won't spar pro's unless they pay him, and how his first "pro fight" (yet he's never even had one amateur fight) keeps falling out because his opponent ends up scared and won't sign to fight him is alot better than that right? Especially after he's been training for like 3-4 years or something. Also watch the vid in on his page where he actually spars someone good, the guy treats him like he's sparring an 8 year old kid and is afraid to hurt him.

I have a feeling that guy is seriously delusional and there's a 99% chance everyone at that gym looks at him as a joke.

BoxingBJJxNJ - Look at his sparring vids against another beginner: http://www.youtube.com/liujin

You would think someone who does nothing but post about how good he is, won't spar pro's unless they pay him, and how his first "pro fight" (yet he's never even had one amateur fight) keeps falling out because his opponent ends up scared and won't sign to fight him is alot better than that right? Especially after he's been training for like 3-4 years or something. Also watch the vid in on his page where he actually spars someone good, the guy treats him like he's sparring an 8 year old kid and is afraid to hurt him.

I have a feeling that guy is seriously delusional and there's a 99% chance everyone at that gym looks at him as a joke.

If he can't get a pro fight (and doesn't have any pro fights yet), why doesn't he just sign up for the Golden Gloves tournament and see how far he can go?

GladiatorGannon - If he can't get a pro fight (and doesn't have any pro fights yet), why doesn't he just sign up for the Golden Gloves tournament and see how far he can go?

I think he said something about being too old to waste time fighting for free (weird considering he's gone years with no fights...).

I knew I couldn't be the only one who thought most of that thread he posted was bullshit after reading it.

yeah i thought it was 99% bullshit too

but the kind of bullshit where he actually believed it

i learned from google that the Top Rank gym just closed down because it was losing so much money

from what i can put together from that, he and his buddy were paying out of their pocket to train there and some of the trainers needed the $$$ so they put up with them

what i was most curious about was how he got away with posting so much shit about what was going on in the gym?

like PRO A is looking really bad hes getting the shit beat out of him by PRO B

he even said shit about Roger and Floyd Sr hating each other

just seems like talking about training in public like that is an easy way to get the shit beat out of you

so whats the real deal.. question for people who read the thread way back when. what happened in the first log he references in OP of the thread? did people call him out on being a fake?