On the street if you caught a guy

I don't pretend to be a street fighting expert, but I'd like to point something out:

If you have a tightly sunk standing guillotine choke against an untrained guy on the street, why not just go to your guard and end the fight in several seconds, instead of letting go and let the fight go on for longer? And let the guy try to bite. I really don't think one has power to do damage with a bite when a choke is 99 percent sunk. You simply don't have the blood flow and/or oxygen to do it with the conviction needed.

Honestly, even though I don't think you should necessarily seek to go to the ground in a street fight, I have the feeling that a lot of people on this web site are saying "don't go the ground on the street, don't go the ground on the street..." like monkeys because they've heard other forum members say the same thing and their street fighting experience is very little. I'm not talking to anyone in particular here. A street fight is dangerous, no matter what you do and don't think that simply not going to the ground (assuming that you can even avoid it) is going to save your ass.

Things just aren't that simple and even though I personally always try to avoid fights when I feel one might be starting, I would simply do whatever it takes to end the fight as quickly as I could, within legal limits and with whatever skills I have to protect myself, be it punches or submissions. I'd just try to survive and end the confrontation. If a submission is right there in front of me, I take it, thank you very much.

I remember Al Bundy, the actor in the television series "Married with children", who's also a BJJ black belt under some of the Gracie brothers, say that he once got in a street fight and what he did was simply pull guard and hold the guy until the fight was quickly broken up. He didn't choke the guy or armbar him or anything. But the important point is, he said, that he DIDN'T GET HURT. He rode the storm and lived to see another day.

Tell you what. I'll get drunk next weekend and pick a fight downtown. I'll subsequently pull guard, see what happens and what I can do from there. If I'm still alive afterwards, I'll give a full report to you guys the next day. I could even try to make this a weekly habit, along with an interesting diary.

j/k.

Regards,

jonpall.

Personally, I would tap him once on his side to let him know I'm gonna go for elevation, grab the waistband of his shorts, lift his legs above my head and drop backwards, finishing with the pin for the 3 count.

Depends whether or not women are watching.

BJJ is great but you need to throw some strikes in there to soften the guy up for te big finish

pin his head to the ground and drop some knees on it. If I could then i'd stand up and soccer kick the sumbitch rigth when he lifted his head.

i would make it a ten finger or a windpipe crush. nothing to bite, very painful and you can let him off and ring his bell after you crust his throat.

All about the knees - KNEES... End it right there.

Do the gullitine where you have one hand on his shoulder and the other under his chin grabbing your wrist. You can do it from standing and if he resists you still have the option of kneeing the fuck out of him.