Once Okami defeats Sonnen Saturday

^UFC is available is Asia

I fail to see how Sonnen has any shot in this fight, Okami is too strong to let Sonnen take him down and lay on him.

Okami will destroy Sonnen

After Okami wins, and I expect him to do so, it'll be the second time in 9 fights that Okami has beat an opponent that's still in his division in the UFC, YAY! I think it might also be the first time he beat someone in the top 20 in like 3 years, without getting knocked in the process I mean. Swick might have been top 20 though I don't know.

mcpeepants232003 - 
EVILYOSHIDA - 
mcpeepants232003 - 
EVILYOSHIDA - "how is Okami basically undefeated? He clearly lost to Franklin. "

2 rounds of nothing, 1 round of Okami domination, 1 decision win for Rich Franklin.

that's your opinion but imo Franklin clearly won the first two rounds.

yah franklin threw like a few more air jabs than Okami in the first 2 rounds. Maybe he stepped forward a bit more as well.

Fact is nothing happened in the 1st 2 rounds.

went back and watched the fight. It was much closer than I remember but I still think Franklin took the first two rounds. He landed more punches and landed at least 3 or 4 solid leg kicks in each round. It wasn't impressive but it was enough to win the rounds imo.
Realistically it was more of Okami losing the fight than Franklin winning though. If Okami would of done pretty much anything the first two rounds he would of won.

Exact on.

Okami has no one else to blame but himself for giving those first 2 rounds away. As ive stated a million times, Franklin clearly won 2-1 in the 10 must but Okami did dominate the 3rd round and did the only significant offense in the match.

So Franklin wins the decision, Okami had the best moments. We've seen plenty of fights like this and where we question the 10 point must esp in a 3 round fight. Fact is, you cant complain about the 10 must, Franklin won fair and square by it but i dont see the controversy in saying Okami had Franklin in serious trouble in spots and that his stock shouldnt have necessarily gone down for nearly submitting Franklin.

well you can get lucky if the guy doesn't respect your game, but the sub is consciously applied.. unlike throwing bombs with your eyes closed.

subbing somebody is much more cerebral and premeditated that's what i mean.

anyways about okami not winning the fight.. well with the 10 point must maybe he lost by the rules.. but his stock didn't go down after that fight IMO

I agree that esp if Hendo exits, Okami vs Marquardt is a logical fight or even Nate getting the rematch and then Okami vs Belfort.

Regardless, if he beats Sonnen, he should fight nothing less than the champ or one of the very top contenders.

How many times has he dropped out of a fight? Once (title against Anderson) then another against Miller?

Still, its obvious that Zuffa isnt exactly moving him along at the pace they should.

free okami

The Okami love was strong in this thread.

let the talk die now

I cursed Thunder with this thread.

Sonnen made Okami look like a helpless child.

This thread made me laugh at some helpless posters - thanks!

Big Okami fan here but at this point he's borderline top 10 at best. This was his chance to prove he belonged in the upper echelons of the division, and he kinda blew it.

Tomato Can - Big Okami fan here but at this point he's borderline top 10 at best. This was his chance to prove he belonged in the upper echelons of the division, and he kinda blew it.

Yep.

He looks great against B-listers like Swick and Lister, but he can't get over the hump when he meets an A-lister like Franklin, Sonnen or Shields.

Also, people need to stop sleeping on Sonnen. Dude has beaten Okami, Miller, and Filho in the last year. He has become a very tough win for anybody, and Maia's absurdly awesome win over him is looking more impressive by the day.

Well well well muthafuckers!

LMAO @ all the Okami ball suckers on this thread!

You bitches got sat the fuck down!HAHHAHA

Steve4192 - 
Tomato Can - Big Okami fan here but at this point he's borderline top 10 at best. This was his chance to prove he belonged in the upper echelons of the division, and he kinda blew it.

Yep.

He looks great against B-listers like Swick and Lister, but he can't get over the hump when he meets an A-lister like Franklin, Sonnen or Shields.

Well, Sonnen def beat him but I wouldnt necessarily say Franklin really did.

Okami's 3rd round was better than Franklin's 1st and 2nd put together.

Sonnen totally owned Okami, Where are EY and MX now?

perfect fight for Chael Sonnen, Okami looked off, good for Chael and Yushin has nothing to e ashamed of. I look forward to each fighter's next contest. I hope that each receives a relevant challenger next  up. Either would be good to face Cote in his return.