ONE adds $70 million capital, reduces staff by 20%

I see dana white is here under an alt account

Alvin Aguilar -

The whole onefc is a scam. I brought them in our country and helped them along with my promotion. They give all free tickets and say sold out. They literally bus people in. This is in ALL EVENTS around Asia. They have NEVER sold out anything all of that is free. The Asian crowd is different. They wont pay top dollar to watch another countrys champion. Not even their own sometimes. They are just good internet marketeers. Most of the sponsors they have are barter sponsors not actual cash. Those poor investors will NEVER see their money. Search Temasek of Singapore and check how much money they “lost” with this promotion. This is how they operate, they get $3m from an investor then when he needs an ROI they get another investor for $3m then pay him $1m then they do the same thing on and on. I wont even go into the game fixing and other shit they do.

In for tea.

![](upload://bumWaCrnarUJgPlZC4gLiqUBnXW.jpeg)

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/14/9529411/one-championship-arnaud-lepont-hospital-amputation-fighter-safety-mma-news

heres abit more sent to me by people here in our country today. Wont get into other crap they did before 

anymore??

Alvin Aguilar -

The whole onefc is a scam. I brought them in our country and helped them along with my promotion. They give all free tickets and say sold out. They literally bus people in. This is in ALL EVENTS around Asia. They have NEVER sold out anything all of that is free. The Asian crowd is different. They wont pay top dollar to watch another countrys champion. Not even their own sometimes. They are just good internet marketeers. Most of the sponsors they have are barter sponsors not actual cash. Those poor investors will NEVER see their money. Search Temasek of Singapore and check how much money they “lost” with this promotion. This is how they operate, they get $3m from an investor then when he needs an ROI they get another investor for $3m then pay him $1m then they do the same thing on and on. I wont even go into the game fixing and other shit they do.

Basically what you're saying is that if ONE isn't a money laundering operation it's a Ponzi scheme.

The one thing I think everyone can agree on is that it's not in business to make money, because there's virtually no chance it will ever do so. It's in business to keep raking in "investment" funding, and little else. 

Tug Dabone -
Alvin Aguilar -

Basically what you're saying is that if ONE isn't a money laundering operation it's a Ponzi scheme.

The one thing I think everyone can agree on is that it's not in business to make money, because there's virtually no chance it will ever do so. It's in business to keep raking in "investment" funding, and little else. 

This is just how modern venture capital driven companies work. 

It's all just about selling to the next round of investors until eventually either all the investors dump it onto the public through ipo or it gets purchased by another company or pe firm. Occasionally they'll run it till company turns a profit but that's usually not the goal for the earliest investors. 

Jayn200 -
Tug Dabone -
Alvin Aguilar -

It's all just about selling to the next round of investors until eventually either all the investors dump it onto the public through ipo or it gets purchased by another company or pe firm. Occasionally they'll run it till company turns a profit but that's usually not the goal for the earliest investors. 

This stuff is fascinating to me.  It certainly seems as if One is a house of cards to a large extent.

WaltJ -
Jayn200 -
Tug Dabone -
Alvin Aguilar -

This stuff is fascinating to me.  It certainly seems as if One is a house of cards to a large extent.

To an extent, yes. Because once you take the investors out of the equation, ONE likely has very little in terms of assets and would be unlikely to survive long before bankruptcy. The investors are looking for growth, because I doubt profit margins are very high. 

I know nothing about One FC. Historically, I know there have been MMA events that were never intended to be profitable. Instead, the main purpose of the promotion was as a means to line the promoter’s pockets with gullible investor and sponsor money.

A business can grow either organically = you slowly grow along with your profits. = if i Make 1 dollar I invest that dollar. If all goes well I make 2 dollar . I invest those in growth and make 3 dollar. 

Or you take the One FC route that is not about growing organically- they and their investors has decided to grow their business through injection of money - the Company is growing at (according to themselfs and their tv deals etc) super pace.. 

where one fc is now is NOT about making money. That comes further down the line... 

but hey what do I know about business ^^

Kind of funny that people think ONE is some kind of new startup that's gearing up for future profitability and selling investors on that promise.

They've been in business for 9 years now. They aren't even close to breaking even, let alone making a profit. Their losses are growing, not shrinking. 

The promotion is probably a scam, but at least they're paying the fighters (I think), so it's a good thing for former UFC and Bellator fighters who want a decent payday I guess. 

Jayn200 -
Tug Dabone -
Alvin Aguilar -

You Forgot to mention the most common end point for most vc companies - total failure. 

Tug Dabone -

Kind of funny that people think ONE is some kind of new startup that's gearing up for future profitability and selling investors on that promise.

They've been in business for 9 years now. They aren't even close to breaking even, let alone making a profit. Their losses are growing, not shrinking. 

The promotion is probably a scam, but at least they're paying the fighters (I think), so it's a good thing for former UFC and Bellator fighters who want a decent payday I guess. 

They are not a new start up. But they are still in an expanding phase. If you are spending money and expanding its a good thing.

Now the real crisis comes with either 1. you stop expanding and your still spending more money then you earn or 2. The finansers no longer want to put money in and actually want some returns. 

You can attract investors if your growth rate is on going and you can still show more potential for the company. However When it starta flattening out you better start making money sooner rather then later! 

Tug Dabone -

Yeah will see what happens. I really like Chatri. 

I'm quite interested in seeing him hosting the apprentice. Probably most excited I've been for a show for a while. 

As long as fighters are getting paid I'm cool with it. 

1 Like

The parent company of ONE, in its corporate filings in Singapore, said its business plan was to continue to prioritize the commercial barter sector of its business over live events.