One FC champ AOKI is greatest ever MMA lightweight

"First of all, in order to drum the point home, let me preface my examination of Aoki’s legacy by making what clueless fools may consider to be a bold or even foolish statement, and what true fans will likely agree with."

These articles must be written in Ukrainian, then run through an online translator into Lao and then again to English. An inability to decipher this nonsense has nothing to do with "reading comprehension".

Not even top 5

Wins 33
1 KO/TKO (3%) 22 SUBMISSIONS (67%) 8 DECISIONS (24%) 2 OTHERS (6%)
Losses 6
4 KO/TKO (67%) 0 SUBMISSIONS (0%) 2 DECISIONS (33%) 0 OTHERS (0%)

he is noteworthy

Master Shredder - Not even top 5

Not even top 10

Lobo8 - 

Not even top 10

Not even top 15

i agree with Koga, article is crazy weird to read in parts and also very wordy. you still have lots of potential though man

i don't think aoki is the best but he's really very very exciting to watch

Fletch -
JerseyShoreTapTeam - LMAO someone please post that looping gif of Sakurai kneeing Aoki's corpse against the ropes.

Or perhaps that gif of that cartoonish pro wrestler KO'ing Aoki with a flying knee in the first 3 seconds of the first round.

Maybe that gif of Alvarez smoking Aoki in the first round.

You know what? Forget all that. Just post that gif of Aoki crying. That should do it.

G.O.A.T.

"LMAO" - "someone post that Aoki vs. Sakurai I & II (he won the first imo)  was NOT A LIGHTWEIGHT FIGHT."

Who has better credentials than Aoki for Lightweight all-time numero uno, mi maricon amigo? And how exactly do fights NOT CONTESTED AT LIGHTWEIGHT have any bearing on Aoki's standing in the 70kg division?

Imbecile, leave meaningful discussion to adults with basic reading comprehension, understanding of their native tongue in written form, and knowledge of the subject matter at hand. Whoomp der it is

What a douche response. Insult a guy who never insulted you. Stay classy, friend. Phone Post

Lobo8 -
Lobo8 - 

Not even top 10

Not even top 15
I disagree. Top 3 crybaby of all time, easy. Phone Post 3.0

Aoki is one of my favourite LW fighters. There aren't any other LW fighters like him.

I think he would beat a lot of UFC lightweights. He's great at closing the distance and has really good takedowns... and once he gets it to the ground it's pretty much over.

He is a great fighter. But...... He is only good in Asia. His cage fights in the states...Bellator,Strikeforce were horrible losses. So that being said he is not the best.

Othello - How's that career as a paid M1 shill going Fletch?

look back through Samurai Life... and for that matter, anything I've put on the Samurai Life facebook, mma-japan, Fight Sport Asia, Lowkick, Liverkick, TT, IFI and the rest, and tell me I'm a "paid M-1 shill..."

I'm a guy known for refusing to do smear articles, junior. I don't shill. Do I need to quote Oscar Wilde up in hurr?

Zaph - 
Fletch -
JerseyShoreTapTeam - LMAO someone please post that looping gif of Sakurai kneeing Aoki's corpse against the ropes.

Or perhaps that gif of that cartoonish pro wrestler KO'ing Aoki with a flying knee in the first 3 seconds of the first round.

Maybe that gif of Alvarez smoking Aoki in the first round.

You know what? Forget all that. Just post that gif of Aoki crying. That should do it.

G.O.A.T.

"LMAO" - "someone post that Aoki vs. Sakurai I & II (he won the first imo)  was NOT A LIGHTWEIGHT FIGHT."

Who has better credentials than Aoki for Lightweight all-time numero uno, mi maricon amigo? And how exactly do fights NOT CONTESTED AT LIGHTWEIGHT have any bearing on Aoki's standing in the 70kg division?

Imbecile, leave meaningful discussion to adults with basic reading comprehension, understanding of their native tongue in written form, and knowledge of the subject matter at hand. Whoomp der it is

What a douche response. Insult a guy who never insulted you. Stay classy, friend. Phone Post

insulting the individual is neither the goal nor the aim. It is the stupidity of lazy minds that must be attacked.

re: "crazy weird to read in parts", ahh... sometimes alcohol is a creative conduit, or at least an uninhibitor. Other times, it just fucks your work up. My bad - poorly written in part, fo'sho' :)

Though he has a good record and I do think he is a good fighter. I have trouble putting him as best all time when I don't believe he fought the best. The last relevant fight he had was Gil. And he did nothing. He may be top 10, but not top 5.

Ultra talented grappler, one dimensional as hell though. He should take a page out of Jacare's book. Phone Post 3.0

Othello - How's that career as a paid M1 shill going Fletch?
One FC

fixed Phone Post 3.0

lol, twenty thumbs down in an hour. Hardly any thumbs up from a couple of years of Asia news and stuff, but very quick thumbs down for talking up Aoki's greatness. The internet is slow to love, quick to hate :)

Basement dwelling weasels. Aoki is a submission magician, with more credentials than anyone else for the greatest 70kg career in the sport. WAR AOKI

Ray Elbe - 
Othello - How's that career as a paid M1 shill going Fletch?
One FC

fixed Phone Post 3.0

lol Ray... ironic that this came through you...  short memory, young jedi... I think I've proved I'm not a shill. No one tells me what to write.

I've had the pleasure of training with Aoki at Evolve in Singapore, and doubt he'd consider himself GOAT, or actually even consider the notion at all. He really embodies the martial artist trying to improve himself always. I've seen him ask Renzo for guillotine details and tap to Gordinho, and then ask to learn the choke. Hell, he even gave me kudos for one second catching an Americana from bottom in side control that he wasn't expecting (I'm a lowly 44 yr old purple belt). Dude's cool, and talented and fun to watch as a martial artist. Good enough for me.

His resume is impressive but he is not the goat at LW. TOP 5 though. Phone Post

Maybe #5 at best behind Penn, Gomi, Melendez, and Edgar. Soon he'll be surpassed by Bendo (and potentially Alvarez and Maynard) because OneFC can't get him decent opponents.