One Offered Nogannou 20 Million Guaranteed

4 Likes

3 Likes

Francis Ngannou will not be heading to ONE Championship.

The former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight champion recently met with ONE CEO and Founder, Chatri Sityodtong, to discuss the possibility of ending his free agency. Unfortunately for both parties, a deal couldn’t be reached.

According to Sityodtong, the requests from “The Predator” were simply too unrealistic to agree upon.
“He was asking for a seat at the board of directors, he was asking for him to determine his opponent’s pay,” Sityodtong told the Daily Star. “We offered him $20 million guaranteed, the money wasn’t enough, he wanted all of these other non-financial terms that didn’t make a lot of sense.

“We obviously can’t give a seat at the board of directors, that doesn’t make any sense, he would be a fish out of water [in that position],” he concluded
ONE makes its big United States debut this weekend (Fri., May 5, 2023) with ONE Fight Night 10 in Denver, Colorado. Featured in the main event will be another former UFC champion, the current ONE Flyweight kingpin, Demetrious Johnson, who faces Adriano Moraes in a trilogy clash.
Sityodtong and ONE haven’t promised any future U.S. events just yet, but ONE Fight Night 10 hopes to be the start of a new chapter for the Cayman Islands-based mixed martial arts (MMA) giant.

“For me to bringing the entire world of martial arts and introducing it to American fans is very surreal and at the same time, I have an overwhelming feeling of deep gratitude because America gave me the opportunity to make something of myself coming from literally nothing,” Sityodtong said.

“It gave me the financial resources to start ONE and in essence, I lived the American dream,” he concluded.

He desperately needs an experienced manager to tell him what is and isn’t possible. Even Conor isn’t getting a seat at the table. No fighter is, unless they buy their way in.

11 Likes

As a gum-chewer, fuck Singapore.

5 Likes

He will probably end up getting at least one massive payday, probably in boxing.

4 Likes

paddling

11 Likes

Against who? Fury and Usyk are boxing, as is AJ against Wilder. And these are fights that took years to put together. Francis might be sitting on the sidelines for awhile for that one massive boxing payday.

6 Likes

He might.

1 Like

Lol at Board of Directors

9 Likes

Sounds like Francis is trying desperately to set himself up long term outside of the cage. Indicator of retirement plans. Imagine he lands this dream payday and delivers a shit fight. I still have trauma from Ciryl’s vs JBJ.

5 Likes

Damn son.

Keep the goal posts still my man! Get something big secured before it’s too late, it’s a rare opportunity in life.

6 Likes

Chatri is all class.

6 Likes

Haha wow. Maybe it’s big money boxing match or bust for him. Now he’s making the rounds with impossible demands for the “story” to sell in his post-fighting career.

I don’t know what else. Is he just nuts?

4 Likes

It probably wasn’t 20 million for 1 fight. Probably 3 or 4 fights but maybe they would have let him box or do whatever else that UFC wouldn’t.

But lol @ his demands. Come on man. You want to do shit like this you gotta start your own org… how do you do that? With some seed capital… How do you get that? Sign one of these fucking contracts already and fight lol.

4 Likes

Yep
That wasn’t some epic HW scrap
It didn’t prove anything

3 Likes

I used to think promoters get paid too much and fighters not enough. But over time things have changed including my perspective.

I’ve seen so many fighters get to the top and lose their hunger. Money and living comfortably takes away from hunger. I like the intensity of fights from late 90’s early 2000’s era. Mma fighters are growing up in times where pro athletes are primadonnas and used to making millions.

4 Likes

Hate to sound like a broken record, but Francis is a giant retard.

11 Likes

Lotta truth in this
Many rich fighters don’t fight the same once $$

4 Likes

Musicians are worse than fighters in this regard. I’ve always said that if a country wanted to silence dissent from the arts community, all they need to do is give them a lot of money.

5 Likes