One on One with Fedor

MuchRespec' - I support all MMA but Fedor truely is the man. Battle tested, legacy cemented, all class, strong Budo. Much respec'.

This. 

I don't think you could ask a man for a better reply to Dana's rants than the one given by Fedor. Dana is like a gnat buzzing around Fedor's head.

Good interview.

I Loretta.

P.s: Dana should just have a press conference, then drop 5 million on the table and offer Fedor a one fight deal, no strings attached to come in and fight his champion. Win or lose he is free to do whatever he wants afterwards. I think Brock would win, he is just to powerful, fast & skilled. Fedor would get mauled.

Edit: And make it a non-title fight as well.

the ending scared me a little...

Why would Fedor ever fight for Dana? Dana insults him every chance he gets. Fedor is making money and likes to work with companies that respect him.

once again dana sounding like dana as usual

Nice to hear a Fedor interview with a decent translation!

ajsr - Nice to hear a Fedor interview with a decent translation!

lol wasn't that gary millen?

GC111 - 
ajsr - Nice to hear a Fedor interview with a decent translation!

lol wasn't that gary millen?
Yeah sounds like him, he must speak decent Russian unless he is just winging it haha. Wouldnt surprise me.

I seem to remember Millen "translating" for Fedor in one of the Affliction video blog as well. Is his Russian really that good or what?

Thanks for the video.

Hus - 
xkmasada - 
Hus -  A fair deal?  80%+ of the top ranked fighters in the world all signed with the UFC but the UFC is not good enough for Fedor.  Such bullshit.

Yes, but 99.9-100% of those fighters are not as good as him or have as much name value as him, so it's a moot point...

GSP
Anderson Silva
Lyoto Machida
Randy Couture
Tito Ortiz
Brock Lesnar
BJ Penn

All do not have as much value as Fedor?  Ok.

LOL NO they DONT you filthy human. how in the F***CK is tito comparable in value to fedor? dana white admitted they offered fedor more money than ANYONE else.. so why are you trying to argue they have other fighters worth more than him?

worthless poster. join sherdog please.

Will Fedor fight for the UFC? If it was going to happen...it would have happened. Unless Fedor has no choice but to.

"the reason why I want Fedor to stay his course is because he's the ONLY fighter who can tell the UFC to fuck off and thrive without them. This does nothing but grow MMA as a sport, not a specific brand that controls every aspect of the market."

This. Fedor will not only be THE legend of MMA, but could also be a pioneer in shaping the business of MMA.

Dana White is exclusively to blame for the fans not having an opportunity to see Fedor fight Brock Lesnar. Dana has went out of his way to insult Fedor and the people who surround Fedor for years. If Dana is supremely confident in Brock, Mir and Carwin's abilities to defeat Fedor, than Dana should agree to co-promote one event. If Fedor is defeated, then Dana has verified the veracity and his (bullshit) comments and he can promote his respective fighter as the best heavyweight in the world.

Also, for those with short memories, I can recall Dana making similar comments to the ones being made now about Fedor when Tim Silvia and Andre Arlovski were UFC champions.

" Dana should just have a press conference, then drop 5 million on the table and offer Fedor a one fight deal, no strings attached to come in and fight his champion."

This will never happen. What is Dana going to say after Fedor smashes Lesnar? Fedor will leave the UFC and everyone will say the UFC HW title is a joke. He would never take that risk. He'd rather just run his mouth and never back it up.

P.s. That was Fedor's old translator, not Millen translating.

Fedor is the best.

Dana is looking foolish dissing the greatest MMA fighter on the planet.

Dana keeps shit talking and Fedor just keeps making bank and looking fresh in his sweaters, paying BLAF absolutely no mind, it's fucking hilarious.

Trooper Soul - 

when ufc fighters complain about their restrictive contracts people say 'well you shouldn't have signed it then'

well, fedor didn't sign it. good for him

+1

The only catch is that Fedor is the only one who can afford NOT to sign it.

Other guys kind of have to take what they are given.  A guy like Henderson may be able to find something good with a strikeforce contract, but they won't ride an entire show on him.

thanks

Correct. Fedor has more name value than any of those by a large margin.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=shogun+rua%2C+lyoto+machida%2C+fedor%2C+bj+penn%2C+randy+couture&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0

"GSP
Anderson Silva
Lyoto Machida
Randy Couture
Tito Ortiz
Brock Lesnar
BJ Penn

All do not have as much value as Fedor? Ok."

Dana continues to lose so much respect from so many of the fans after making that comment about Fedor. Give the guy some fucking respect already. Two face bald headed bastard. It's not working, so many people know about mma and Fedor, they can Google and search on youtube these days... Even the purest UFC nuthugger cannot deny that Fedor is the fucking man...