One thing that is overloked about Shogun/Machida

It was a very uneventful fight. Really boring if you didn't care about the outcome. It was 2 guys point fighting. Nothing more.

If they weren't well known fighters fighting for the title they would be in jeopardy of getting booted out of the UFC after a game of tag like that.

bismanfightclub - You're a moran.  I was at the edge of my seat, it was like watching a cobra and a mongoose circle around each other lunging and dodging back and forth.  The ending would have been better if it would have been a decisive KO for one or the other, but the fight was fun to watch.

This.

Rock-em Sock-em robots is not the archetype for a great MMA fight.

I agree with both of U, Yes it was fun to watch because it was soooo fucken exciting to see these 2 strategize each other but on the other hand if they were unknown or lesser known fighters it would have somewhat been an uneventfull fight....

Their reputation helped...

I was on the edge of my seat with a dry mouth the whole fight; it was great from beginning til end (except for the decision, not too keen on that)

Machida couldnt surge in, because he's a counter striker, and was having difficulty figuring Shogun out.
Shogun couldn't surge in; because Machida is such a slick counter-striker, he could've caught him going in.

This is my concern in the re-match; Shogun will feel the pressure to finish Machida, and be overly aggressive, thus playing into Machida's hands.

If it had been 2 people other than Slopgun and Macheeta you would have been bitching and crying. Don't even deny it.

It's just like Penn/GSP 1. If it would have been anyone other than Penn and GSP, that would have been a bathroom break fight.

Just because there is tons of skill in the ring and great anticipation, doesn't make a good fight.

What is overlooked is that there were three rounds where Machida appeared to hurt Shogun considerably with punches to the head. Those were all still very close rounds but I don't see many mentioning that

dangerboy12 - 
If they weren't well known fighters fighting for the title they would be in jeopardy of getting booted out of the UFC after a game of tag like that.

It's what happens when two fighters are stalemating each other. LOL @ booted out of the UFC.

dangerboy12 - If it had been 2 people other than Slopgun and Macheeta you would have been bitching and crying. Don't even deny it.

I'm happy to deny that suggestion. I would welcome more technical bouts, be they striking or grappling.

Not everyone thinks Griffin-Bonnar was the best fight in UFC history, even if it was the most important.

If fights like this were popular and exciting, kickboxing would be HUGE in America.

Elias Cepeda -  What is overlooked is that there were three rounds where Machida appeared to hurt Shogun considerably with punches to the head. Those were all still very close rounds but I don't see many mentioning that

Yea Shogun was in trouble and was really hurt, yea man. Machida looked like a lost boy coming into round four. So what was Shogun doing for the first three rounds, calling him names??

Shogun did what he had to do to beat this guy. Machida just produces boring fights, the guy is a counter fighter with zero intention of being the agressor.

I cant wait for the rematch !!!!!!!!!!!!It was a chess match . That could have ended at anytime.

I think it was Franklin who warned us that the only way to fight machida effectively would ultimately result in a seemingly 'boring' fight for that fans. It appears that he was correct.

Pagero - 
Elias Cepeda -  What is overlooked is that there were three rounds where Machida appeared to hurt Shogun considerably with punches to the head. Those were all still very close rounds but I don't see many mentioning that

Yea Shogun was in trouble and was really hurt, yea man. Machida looked like a lost boy coming into round four. So what was Shogun doing for the first three rounds, calling him names??
Saying "yea," over and over and using consecutive question marks doesn't make for an effective argument. Just a tip.

As for what I think Shogun was doing for the first three rounds - winning at least two out of three of them (1 & 2), that's what, imo.  

What does that have to do with the points I made?