ONE's US card won't do well in the US

ONE’s debut in the US won’t have that big of a crowd and I don’t think it gets a lot of views on PRIME in the US.

Bellator and PFL certainly don’t do much gate in the US and I don’t think ONE will either. Not now and not in 2024 at least.

Its a Mighty Mouse fight and a Sage Northcutt fight and then they got two grappling matches and a couple muay thai fights on the card.

Thats just not a card the US MMA audience is gonna watch…not the casuals.

Goes down the night before the Sterling vs Cejudo card. Personally looking forward to the Johnson and Soldic fights.

ONE Fight Night 10 Quick Card

1 Like

RIZIN has this card starting at midnight ET so thats like 18 hours of ONE/RIZIN/UFC within 30 hours. Personally, I’m sleeping through RIZIN and not gonna watch all of ONE or UFC.

RIZIN 42 Quick Card

2 Likes

Did they sell out? I think I heard they did. Past that they will never reach ufc fight night views. I enjoy the fuck outta ONE but they will never get the audience UFC has here or a 16th of it.

5 Likes

I’ll watch ONE, i think their cards are great and i hope they find success in the US market.

I may only catch clips of Rizin though.

7 Likes

May 5

1 Like

they will be lined up around the building to see Stamp

Interesting Soldic had a loss against Amosov and Du Plessis

Dropped a split decision to Amosov but KOed Du Plessis in their rematch. Read he is making something like $700k a fight in ONE. Pretty good money and he can avoid competing with the Bellator/UFC champs while earning it.

KOed 40+ year old Khalidov and walked away from KSW the double champ when he left.

1 Like

Same.

1 Like

I just hope they’re successful in whatever market.

Doesn’t matter to me if they make it in the US or not as long as they have success and keep it going.

I will keep watching.

1 Like

Any word on Buchecha’s next fight? Has not fought since last summer.

I know the Bhullar is only 2-0 after four years in ONE so there is hardly a HW division to even follow there but personally my hope is Buchecha wins the title there and then fights out his contract and heads to the UFC.

He is only 33 and 4-0.

It would be cool to see but he doesn’t want USADA is my guess.

Yeah, I wasn’t even thinking about that.

I preordered my tickets. I’ll be there.

3 Likes