Ongoing Horror Thread

I've made a few horror threads over the last few years about horror movies, which are my favourite genre of film. Most of the threads are about a specific film, or the halloween season, etc. I figured I'd just make an ongoing one for horror in general about what I'm watching, what you're watching, and whats coming out. I've been watching quite a few movies lately (at least one a day at work throughout my breaks on my 12 hour work shifts) so I'll just keep updating this for those of you interested.

14 Likes

In Phone Post 3.0

Hi Phone Post 3.0

"The Returned" 2013

Found this one on Netflix. It has a cool concept where theres a zombie like outbreak, and Doctors eventually figure out how to control the disease if caught early enough. By taking a shot everyday, "The Returned" can carry on living their lives, like normal. If they don't take their next shot within 24 hours, the disease takes over turning them into full fledge zombies The story follows Kate (a Dr. working in a returned ward in a hospital) and her boyfriend Alex, who is a returned himself. It follows their struggle for Alex to survive when the worlds supply of the retroviral drug runs out. Good acting, good story, good ending (albeit somewhat predictable)

"Torment" 2014

Found this on Netflix as well. It's about newlyweds Cory, and Sarah (played by the always hot Katharine Isabelle) taking Cory's son Liam up to their country home to try and bond as a new family. The son is resentful of his dad getting remarried after his mothers death.  After it appears Liam has run away, Cory and Sarah must confront a cult like family that have been hiding out in the house, and want Liam for themselves. This is pretty much a mashup of the strangers, and you're next. The killers masks look similar to those in you're next, or the Wyatt family.  It did'nt stand out as anything original, or particularly great, but still well shot and entertaining enough

Aaronrodgers=GOAT - Hi Phone Post 3.0

oh hi

In! Phone Post 3.0

"Extraterrestrial" 2014

A new sci-fi alien horror movie from Canada. This one is about April and a group of her friends as they go up to her childhood cabin to take pictures to list it for sale, and get fucked up in the process. Things go downhill quickly as they see a U.F.O. crash, and are soon terrorized by aliens. Plot sounds pretty formulaic, and it is. That being said I found it to be enjoyable. The musical score is good, theres a few jump scares, some good characters including Michael Ironside, and Freddie Stroma (who also did a great job as the murderous college kid in Tucker and Dale vs Evil) and a satisfying ending. I recommend it to anyone who likes alien movies, horror movies, or even isolated cabin movies haha

"Wrong Turn 6: Last Resort" 2014

I'm sometimes a sucker that watches movies that I know full well are going to be shit......This is a steaming example of that. The wrong turn series has been crap since 3 i'd say (1 & 2 are guilty pleasures) but I figured what the hell, I sat through the other 5.

The plot of this one is not important and the movie has maybe 2 redeeming things going for it. A couple cool kills and decent effects, and loads of titties. I do find that an abundance of boobage help any shitty horror movies cause, but still this one is caca.

"Housebound" 2014

This movie out of New Zealand is a lot of fun. It's about a woman who after being arrested trying to rob an ATM, gets sentenced to house arrest in the house she grew up in under her moms custody, that may or may not be haunted. Thats pretty much all i'm going to say about it, and i'll let you guys just watch it. It's funny, smart, and well acted

TFK_Samsonite1084 -

"Housebound" 2014

This movie out of New Zealand is a lot of fun. It's about a woman who after being arrested trying to rob an ATM, gets sentenced to house arrest in the house she grew up in under her moms custody, that may or may not be haunted. Thats pretty much all i'm going to say about it, and i'll let you guys just watch it. It's funny, smart, and well acted

I loved this movie. I laughed my ass off. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck yes, in. Phone Post 3.0

"Rites Of Spring" 2011

This poster caught my eye when i was looking for something to watch on Netflix. The film is about two girls (Rachel and her friend) who are taken from a bar and awaken tied up in a barn, and a group of kidnappers that take the daughters of a prominent business man and hideout awaiting their ransom. When Rachel escapes, with something chasing after her, she runs into the group of kidnappers, and shit goes downhill from there.

This movie was alright. One thing that stood out was that the creature stalking the group was brutal. No walking, no waiting, no fucking around. It would just run up to it's prey and go right to work. A decent watch thats on Netflix

Has anyone else seen Zombeavers? It was so stupid, it was funny. Phone Post 3.0

"At The Devils Door" 2014

I feel like this movie had the potential to be great, but it fell short. The acting, story idea, and visual presentation were all good. Where it went wrong was the numerous times it bounced from main character, and was kind of flat at times. Shame

3/5

allhart81 - Has anyone else seen Zombeavers? It was so stupid, it was funny. Phone Post 3.0

I want to see it bad! I know it's gonna be stupid, but awesome. Can't find it anywhere

Cool thread Phone Post 3.0

INNN

"Zombeavers" 2014

Since the day I found the trailer for Zombeavers, I wanted to watch it so fuckin bad! I finally found it in theatres last month for the Toronto After Dark Film Festival and was excited to see it. Then i found out it was the same night as a wedding I was going to. I got over it thanks to good friends and an open bar haha. Then tonight my buddy calls and says "wanna drink bourbon and beers?....oh yeah and I have zombeavers."

Now it may be the alcohol but zombeavers was everything I had hoped it would be. Funny, stupid dialogue, cheesy, and fuckin awesome! I loved it.

Freeman - 

Definitely interested in Extraterrestrial.

Thanks - never heard of it before.

Hope you like it fren!