Ongoing Horror Thread

Most of the people from here thought it was not so bad, that’s why I gave it a watch today. It’s all subjective anyway, but I thought it was fun. I am a sucker for Nicholas Cage movies also, so I am probably a bit bias. :laughing:

1 Like

Nic Cage films are the best, that is indisputable.

2 Likes

I still need to check out that Nic Cage movie.

Just watched Son. Pretty solid. 7/10, maybe.

Creepshow episode 3 was fantastic. Sibling Rivalry was probably one of the best short stories from the entire series.

Just rewatched The Exorcist (1973).It had been several years since I saw it last and I had completely forgotten how scary it was. Won’t give it a score since it is redundant.

Watched episode 1 of “Them” from Amazon Prime. Very creepy show. It’s based on a black family moving from the south to a suburb so it’s heavy racism themed. It feels more like a straight horror story though that just happens to be in that time frame.

The Haunting of Bly Manor has been pretty good so far. Only through a few episodes though.

Solid flick 7/10

The retreat was pretty good. 7/10 . love Wendigo stories.

For The Sake Of Vicious 2021

An overworked nurse returns home to find a maniac hiding out with a bruised and beaten hostage. When an unexpected wave of violent intruders descend upon her home, it becomes a fight for survival.

Ultra Violent and confusing at times, definitely worth a watch.

8/10
Streaming

Last night I watched the Creepshow Animated Special. Incredible ! Loved it even more than the regular shows. 9/10

Just something about the animation that brings back the nostalgia and makes me miss my old Tales from the Crypt comics :slight_smile:

Pay the Ghost (2015): 4.5/10 , yeah Nic Cage owes me 1.5 hours of my life back, it was hard finishing this crap.

You watch your mouth! GvK was great (for someone who grew up in the 80s on Godzilla movies anyway…)

2 Likes

Boys From County Hell 2021

A crew of hardy road workers, led by a bickering Father and Son, must survive the night when they accidentally awaken an ancient Irish vampire.

Loved it

9/10

1 Like

I still haven’t watched any of the new Creepshow, I keep forgetting. I almost watched Boys From County Hell the other day, but went with Paranormal Activity 4 instead, so I could turn into a nap.

Have you guys watched Son yet?

I blasted through all 4 eps last nights… Holy shit was it amazing… There one story that could be the best story in creepshow history…

Blows we only get 5 eps

1 Like

No… No it wasn’t… If anything it was one of the worst shorts in the series history…

The space station one is the best mind fuck.

1 Like

Maybe that’s what I’ll watch tonight. I was looking for a movie, but this works.

Yes, nice creepy ending.

1 Like

Honeydew was pretty decent too…dragged on a little long though, but worth checking out.