Ongoing Horror Thread

I have Raw Head Rex on Arrow Blu ray and that pristine disk makes the make up look even more amazing… Lol…

Watched H (2002) - a Korean Silence of the Lambs rip off. Confusing, convoluted plot with some nasty Gore scenes and ridiculous twist… Still entertained me for the evening.

1 Like

Fucking 2nd doze of that Pfizer vaccine knocked me out yesterday.

Hopefully I get to watch a Classic Horror Story today lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

That creature in that movie somehow looks cool and shitty at they same time. The design is badass, but they just didn’t have quite the budget to get the quality up there. Would be amazing as a Halloween Express display though.

Classic movie

Finished this series, first few episodes were pissing me off then the second half of the season got better. Still, just a B- type show. The “feel” of it grew on me though so I’m appreciating it more. Probably watch season 1 again. The opposite of The Walking Dead, I can’t even watch the show because of the lame, shitty style of it. Like it’s trying to be overly “cool” instead of just aiming for realism.

Rawhead’s stats are out there and honestly I would take the Pagan God as a tag team partner over any of the more famous baddies out there such as Jason and Freddy.

http://kaiju.wikidot.com/wiki:rawhead-rex

Species: Unclassified demon; Type: Supernatural
Height: 8 ft (2.4 m, est); Weight: 470 lb (214 kg, est)
Attributes: Bite, claws
Powers: Possession; super durability and strength; possibly immortal
Intelligence: Low
Land Speed: Moderate
Kaiju Level: One (welterweight)
Weakness(es): Fertility Goddess idol in the hands of a woman
Allies: Declan O’Brien and other worshipers; Enemies: Humanity
Film: Rawhead Rex (1986)

this made me laugh :slight_smile:
Description: Rawhead Rex was a possibly immortal Demon from beautiful Ireland. Centuries ago, he was buried alive underneath a mammoth stone pillar, where he remained until some idiot farmer decided he just had to grow some potatoes right there and moved the rock. Great job.

2 Likes

Alright, I’m gonna have to fucking watch. I can’t believe I haven’t. I love Hellraiser and Nightbreed…

The Forever Purge: 6/10

Loses a full point for over the top wokeness but overall not bad lol

1 Like

Suck 2009

A horror comedy centered on a rock ‘n’ roll band that will do anything to become famous.

Fun as hell movie. Laughed out loud numerous times.

9/10

Prime

The Empty Man was great! Lovecraftian a bit…it was more interesting than scary I thought. But I really enjoyed it. 7/10

2 Likes

Really, really good movie. You can really tell the director worked for years under David Fincher. Shame this for literally zero push from Disney. Feel like this will have a cult following in the future.

1 Like

I’m in. Kept seeing it recommended. Will definitely watch now :metal:

2 Likes

The Empty Man was a very good movie. 7 outta 10 for me.

2 Likes

A classic horror story was fucking amazing. Best horror movie I have seen in years, super smart. I Loved how it was a cookie cutter horror movie for the first 2/3’s (albeit a solid one) and then they twist everything upside down in the third act. Cant believe it only has a 50% on RT. If you haven’t seen it yet do yourself a favor and check it out.

4 Likes

I have to finish watching this, the first 15 minutes were good. I just had to sleep.

1 Like

Finished up the Fear Street Trilogy… part 3 was the least fun. Overall a fun set of movies. The ending… spoiler below…

I know its Netflix but… the whole oppressed lesbian ending to it was so fucking lame.

1 Like

The whole lesbian angle from the 1st movie has turned many people off from watching the 2nd movie, which in my humble opinion is up there with some of the great slashers of the 80’s

1 Like

Man when I turn on Netflix I know Im gonna see same sex something. And Im fine with that. In fact I was cool with it in the first one. But the conclusion being oppressed lesbian is the hero and the REAL evil is the white man it took a lot away from the story. I would have liked her to go full vengeance after being hung. Causing havoc on the people and town that hung her. IMO it would have been a better ending.

I think Old is in theaters now. I’m looking forward to it.

Oh I’ve been dying to watch some horror at the theatres :slight_smile:

Great actors in that Old movie I’ll go see it as well as Antlers :slight_smile:

3 Likes